i'm afraid my eggs won't hatch, help me calm down a bit :D

Pics
Tapping on the food and water will encourage them to eat and drink. That's what their parents would do. Initially I scatter food everywhere because they instinctively peck at the ground and its good if they can find food easily. By about day 3-4 everyone should know where the food bowl is. Do get the babies out of the incubator pretty quickly as quail don't hatch with much reserves and they start pecking around for food pretty quickly.

Tapping on the food and water will encourage them to eat and drink. That's what their parents would do. Initially I scatter food everywhere because they instinctively peck at the ground and its good if they can find food easily. By about day 3-4 everyone should know where the food bowl is. Do get the babies out of the incubator pretty quickly as quail don't hatch with much reserves and they start pecking around for food pretty quickly.
yep, i got the first one out as soon as he was almost dry, he is now starting to eat and i noticed he loves to jump in the food bowl ahahhaha, im now waiting for at least another chick to hatch so he can have some company :D

If you have a little mirror you could put that in for him for now. They do protest when they are on their own. They are very cuddly at this age so don't be scared to handle the little cutie.

I had an early Button quail so he had a mirror for a couple of days before the others hatched. When I tried to take the mirror away because he had friends there was great protest! Vain little creatures. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom