I'm An Apprentice For Falconry Finally!!!!!More Hawk Photos!

My brother-in-law used to be really into falconry, he used to make and sell hoods, jesses (sp?), gloves, and paintings. He had a red tailed hawk once that couldn't be released into the wild because she hated people with long hair and would attack (I think she was a rescue from a home that didn't know how to keep and train hawks). He had a huge collection of books and magazines on falconry, I think my sister sold most of them by now. My BIL was also into surfing, and back in 2003 he was at Ft Walton beach with a buddy when a storm moved in. They were heading in when he was struck by lightning and died later in the hospital. There are quite a few folks in the falcon world who still remember him.

Anyhow, congratulations on your success and make sure you post pics!

It's always been a dream of mine to get my falconer's license.

Congratulations!
smile.png

Quote:
It should be legal in every state because falconry helps to give the conservation efforts of raptors a boost by taking only the young birds from the wild and training them to hunt so it helps to raise their chances of survival as a whole.

That is very cool! My son is very interested in falconry and has started doing research so that by the time he is old enough to take the test, he will be ready. He has a couple years to go. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom