I'm at the DMV, will someone PLEASE talk to me?!?

Quote:
My boyfriends car is a 67 hhis and he is exempt from the "e-test" ( I like that name better) so I think we have some kind of age cutoff too

any car 30 years old or older is smog exempt here in california, thats why i love my 1969 F-250, but the DMV gets you on the Weight fees
rant.gif
rant.gif

weight fees? whats that?.. do they charge by how much your vehicle weighs or how much it can tow?

the worst our can be is $35 for the e-test, $90 for the licence.. thats it... each vehicle is charged the same weather its a small compact car to a full size Dodge ram 3500

unless you have a failed vehicle then you need to pay repair and then all the test and lic fees

Quote:
any car 30 years old or older is smog exempt here in california, thats why i love my 1969 F-250, but the DMV gets you on the Weight fees
rant.gif
rant.gif

WEIGHT fees? WEIGHT FEES??? wth??? I guess I'm lucky. Or I just don't know about those fees ecause the ghia weighs less than my cat.

yes, i pay $152 registration on that truck, and $80 of the $152 are weight fees
rant.gif
rant.gif
, the DMV has it registered as commercial, don't know why, its my personal use vehicle not a company truck.
but they wont let you take it off commercial
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

Last edited:
ug aubreynoramarie, I hate the DMV!! just had to go thru that nonsense renewing my license (no eye test ever, nor any other test, just pay and hand it over) but trying to renew my F250 diesel, $500+ to register, then finding a smog place that wont rip me off, they do a visual check that is all on diesels, this is the first year they are requiring smog checks for diesels, and the smog checkers are cashing in!!!
Hope youre out of there soon, that place gives me a headache!
tongue.png

Any truck or van that is a 3/4 ton and up with 6 studs or more on the wheels are considered commercial in California, and weight fees are charged with your registration.
Any truck or van that is 1/2 ton vehicle having 5 stud wheels is not considered commercial

are the places regulated as to how much they can charge for the smog test?

we are government regulated to $35 per test.. if you failed the first test i think the 2nd one is $17

Back
Top Bottom