I'm at the DMV, will someone PLEASE talk to me?!?

TRYING to renew my registration! I went online and they told me there was an error. Came back and tried the machine and was told I needed to smog the car. Got car smogged and attempted to register it at smog place and they told me I needed to show proof of insurance. Went back to the DMV and after waiting in line for a half hour I OVERHEARD a lady saying all the credit/debit machines were down. Well Jesus now I have one day before I'm late so this better be the last time!!! Grrrrr!!!!!

I went through that for over a year trying to get a car in my name from my mothers name. First they lost it, then we lost it, then we forgot a signature, then the po lost it. It was a nightmare. I just got it take care of IN FULL in March of this year and she first signed it over in August of 09.

Quote:
Hear ya! I once bought an old fixer-upper Volkswagen fastback that was missing it's title. We had about 30 years worth of owner signatures passing the car along but no title. I got too frustrated and it was too hard to get the car in my name so I just gave up and sold it.

The advantage of living in a small town.

Recently purchased a 1970 Mustang for my son's 16th b-day. Have about a year of restoration to do... I had to pay 350 to get it registered and a tag... the darn thing doesn't even have an engine in it yet (didn't even own an engine when I paid for the tag and registration)... Finally supposed to get painted the first week on July

I feel for you....

Last edited:
The worst part is that I'm not trying to register the car, I'm just trying to RENEW my registration! It should be painless!!!

Lmao about the small town thing. I drove about an hour out of Reno once to use the DMV in a small town called Fallon. It's a pretty tiny community.

Anyways I walk in and grab my number- 001. As soon as I got my number it was called. I thought that was pretty funny

Back
Top Bottom