I'm at the DMV, will someone PLEASE talk to me?!?

Quote:
yes, us californians call it a "smog check"

We only have to do it every two years though. It's still expensive. I usually drive to the DMV in Barstow so I don't have to wait, however with the price of gas, driving 30 miles in each direction just wasn't worth it.

Quote:
Yep, it's required every year in my city, but it's NOT required at all if you live 20 minutes away!

aaaa ok.. ours is called an e-test.. we need it every other year for vehicles 4 years and older... they used to exempt vehicles 20+ years but not any longer

Quote:
Yep, it's required every year in my city, but it's NOT required at all if you live 20 minutes away!

aaaa ok.. ours is called an e-test.. we need it every other year for vehicles 4 years and older... they used to exempt vehicles 20+ years but not any longer

My boyfriends car is a 67 hhis and he is exempt from the "e-test" ( I like that name better) so I think we have some kind of age cutoff too

Quote:
ours is $35 and if your vehicle fails and the shop that ran the test determines that the repairs will cost more then $350 they will give you a conditional pass but you can only have 1 per lifetime of the vehicle..

Quote:
yes, us californians call it a "smog check"

We only have to do it every two years though. It's still expensive. I usually drive to the DMV in Barstow so I don't have to wait, however with the price of gas, driving 30 miles in each direction just wasn't worth it.

yes i go to the Barstow one too when i register a car or renew my license, that one is almost always deserted
67044_th_tumbleweed.gif

Quote:
$40 here and that is if you know someone. The maximum they can charge to repair a car to pass is $600 PLUS the usual smog fee of $70. If it costs more to repair then it is exempt, which makes NO sense whatsoever.

Quote:
$40 here and that is if you know someone. The maximum they can charge to repair a car to pass is $600 PLUS the usual smog fee of $70. If it costs more to repair then it is exempt, which makes NO sense whatsoever.

Oh man, that's kind of ridiculous. 40 smackers to stick a wire in your car for one minute and print out a piece of paper. Ugh

Quote:

My boyfriends car is a 67 hhis and he is exempt from the "e-test" ( I like that name better) so I think we have some kind of age cutoff too

any car 30 years old or older is smog exempt here in california, thats why i love my 1969 F-250, but the DMV gets you on the Weight fees
rant.gif
rant.gif

Quote:

any car 30 years old or older is smog exempt here in california, thats why i love my 1969 F-250, but the DMV gets you on the Weight fees
rant.gif
rant.gif

WEIGHT fees? WEIGHT FEES??? wth??? I guess I'm lucky. Or I just don't know about those fees ecause the ghia weighs less than my cat.

Back
Top Bottom