I'm confused

MaaanMaaai

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Hi I live in San Diego and fertile duck eggs are hard to come by. A breeder is selling mixed Muscovy/Khaki Campbell duck eggs and I was wondering, Do I incubate 28 days or 35? Or 31?

If I'm not mistaken Mule ducks hatch around the 32nd day but I can't honestly recall all of the information from that article.

This might be a trick question. Are the eggs mixed as in crossing the Khaki and the Muscovy, or are they mixed as in some Muscovy X Muscovy and some Khaki X Khaki? I went to cl and really can't tell from his ad. You will have to ask the seller.
If it turns out they are straight Muscovy and straight Khaki and you would like to hatch both. I'd suggest getting some Muscovy eggs to start with and a week later add in some Khaki Campbells. This way you can avoid a staggered hatch, and they should all finish more or less together.

I asked and they said Khaki x Muscovy
Are they like mules as in not able to breed?

The offspring from a cross like that are said to be sterile. I believe incubation time is somewhat determined by the mom. My Muscovy drake over Pekin duck eggs hatch at about 30 to 31 days. If the mom is a Muscovy I would expect 35 days to be the norm.

Back
Top Bottom