1. ChickenGirl3

ChickenGirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Hi Everyone,
    I was upstairs when i notice that my chickens were making noise. It must of been loud because people on the street were looking at out house. Here chickens are illegal unless you have 2 acres. But people where looking, i am so scared that someone is going to call the police. I am regretting of having chickens. [​IMG]

2. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

fight the law
    how many do you have ?
    where do you live (town or city) ?

3. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    i know! say it was just your alarm clock then hide your hens in a dark place if the police come

4. ChickenGirl3

ChickenGirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    I only have 3 and 2 of them are really really really noisy. Um i don't know if they will buy that. [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quite a few native bird species sound like chickens. [​IMG]

"Officer I swear it was Red Breasted Robins" [​IMG]

Good luck

Imp- maybe they were curious chicken fans.

6. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    Quote:HaHa... my new smartphone has a crowing rooster as one of the alarm sounds... I would use it, but I'm afraid I would just ignore it and roll over..

7. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    I have a alarmclock with a pic of a close up roosters face crowing and it makes a really loud crowing noise

8. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    Quote:HaHa... my new smartphone has a crowing rooster as one of the alarm sounds... I would use it, but I'm afraid I would just ignore it and roll over..

MY ALARM IS THE ROOSTER CROW LOL IT'S SO HARD TO IGNORE! [​IMG]

9. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:Where do you live? I work animal control for a major city in Texas. Honestly, I have more important things to worry about than outlaw chickens, BUT unless I can see the violation without stretching up, or climbing up on something to look over a barrier or something, there is nothing I can do about it. If you have a coop in plain sight, and I don't see chickens, I cannot do anything. No proof, no crime. If I have to look over a privacy fence (IE-no gaps or holes I can look through), any ticket I write you will not stand up in court.

If they come around, and your chickens are in the house for example, they cannot force you to let them in your house, or show them your birds. Without more information, I couldn't give you any further insight, but I wouldn't worry yet. Chances are, even if they call in on you, whoever comes out will give you a warning, and tell you to remove the birds by the time they come and recheck.

10. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    As For Your Neighbors... Befriend Them And Ask If They Have A Problem With Certain Pets. But Tell Them One Of Your Grandfathers Is Really Ill And You've Offered To Take Care Of His Beloved Friends. That You Were The Only On He Trusted With Them... May Work??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by