I'm getting silkie chicks what colors and what genders???

Gigachad poultry

💖
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2022
Vicenza IT
Hello, I'm getting two silkie chicks and I'm wondering if they are male or female? I will put pictures below.

Chick 1, I'm guessing a blue female but idk
c7cc826d-e35a-44e2-a702-e4f10242b203.png

Chick 2, I'm guessing it's a black but I'm worried it's a make!
c98a4122-e3a4-4c37-97cb-571f91a25dfd.png

I have a silver partridge too; Such a gorgeous color! Mine ended up being a boy. He’s a sweet boy; I do hope he stays this way🤞🏼!
I’ll show some timeline pictures for ya…
🫣🤭🤔 His name is Sassafras ~>

At Present— August 28th
IMG_9453.jpeg
At Present— August 28th
IMG_9442.jpeg

His comb grew like crazy around 4-5mos of age.(Hatched on April 3rd) Its a bit silly; it’s definitely not SOP for Silkies, but I don’t show any of my birds, so I don’t care one little bit! — I actually love his uniqueness…
— Here, on August 11th, just 17 days before those pics showing his comb growing out large and drooping over, here it’s now beginning to grow back further down his head/forehead in a straight line. It’s also getting taller and fatter; therefore he got the “overhang”… Haha!
— I do really think it’s too cute!
Bless his heart 💜

August 11th ~> Just 2wks Earlier (17 Days)
IMG_9332.jpeg

IMG_9303.jpeg

July 11th ~> Sassafras, 14wks old Here

IMG_9166.jpeg
Here is when he started having trouble seeing due to that gorgeous floof! Ughhh, it was hard but I had to trim it! — He was really struggling around the chicken yard. That’s where I drew the line; I won’t let it interfere with his development and his way of life — It was my first Silkie Haircut!

June 8th ~> Sassafras is just 9wks old! 🐥
IMG_6790.jpeg

June 8th ~> Sassafras is just 9wks old!
IMG_8928.jpeg

May 4th ~> 1 Month Old; The fuzziest Ever!
IMG_8584.jpeg

April 15th ~>12-Days; Just a Baby! 🐣
IMG_8406.jpeg IMG_8402.jpeg

I have a silver partridge too; Such a gorgeous color! Mine ended up being a boy. He’s a sweet boy; I do hope he stays this way🤞🏼!
I’ll show some timeline pictures for ya…
🫣🤭🤔 His name is Sassafras ~>

At Present— August 28th
View attachment 3621410
At Present— August 28th
View attachment 3621411

His comb grew like crazy around 4-5mos of age.(Hatched on April 3rd) Its a bit silly; it’s definitely not SOP for Silkies, but I don’t show any of my birds, so I don’t care one little bit! — I actually love his uniqueness…
— Here, on August 11th, just 17 days before those pics showing his comb growing out large and drooping over, here it’s now beginning to grow back further down his head/forehead in a straight line. It’s also getting taller and fatter; therefore he got the “overhang”… Haha!
— I do really think it’s too cute!
Bless his heart 💜

View attachment 3621413

View attachment 3621414

July 11th ~> Sassafras, 14wks old Here

View attachment 3621420
Here is when he started having trouble seeing due to that gorgeous floof! Ughhh, it was hard but I had to trim it! — He was really struggling around the chicken yard. That’s where I drew the line; I won’t let it interfere with his development and his way of life — It was my first Silkie Haircut!

June 8th ~> Sassafras is just 9wks old! 🐥
View attachment 3621429

June 8th ~> Sassafras is just 9wks old!
View attachment 3621430

May 4th ~> 1 Month Old; The fuzziest Ever!
View attachment 3621431

April 15th ~>12-Days; Just a Baby! 🐣
View attachment 3621432View attachment 3621433
He is so cute!!! My two babies are growing so much! I'm pretty sure they are both hens! I got a picture of them both.

Peep
PXL_20230824_134525582.jpg

And Cheep
PXL_20230824_134441818.MP.jpg

I don't think so. Are silkies some of the five hens you are going to keep?
Yes, I can only keep 5 xl sized hens and silkies are rather small especially the parents of these (hopefully) girls! For their age they are tiny little things! I'm keeping my two little LBC hens, Peep & Cheep, Susan, and Eda. For the size of our coop my flock of mostly tiny hens is equal to about 4 xl hens. I'm going to keep Buff Buck and Darcy will have his own coop with 2-3 maybe 4 hens.

Back
Top Bottom