I'm giving up for now, hatches are just not meant to be

hu.gif

This makes no sense. If the dryer and hot water heater work
than you are getting 240volts, meaning both hot legs are coming
into your house. Since multiple circuits in the house are out it's
unlikely a breaker problem. Wierd.

Last question: Does your dryer have a regular plug on it or a big
gray one? Maybe your appliances are 120volt.

Is your stove gas or electric?

Big funky plug, I have propane units, stove/oven, water heater/heater. There is no rhyme nor reason for the lack of a pattern, I just am so frustrated over it. I'll let everyone know what I'm told hopefully tomorrow, but possibly not until later in the week. As long as the fridge has power, and the plug I put the bators on do and the a/c I'm ok.

Ohhhhh. You have all 120 volt units.

If you look at your electric panel you will find that every other breaker
feeds something that doesn't work.

If that's the case then you're back to the bad underground splice.

Last edited:
LOL they aren't numbered! They have labels on them as to what they go to. None of them are popped though, I even tried resetting all of them to see if one had popped and I couldn't tell. I'll look at them though and see if I can find the pattern in there, but I'll have to do it in the morning, I'm getting ready to hit the sack. I sure appreciate your help, it gives me a few more ideas on what to look for if I can't get help out here tomorrow.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

All the breakers on the left are odd the right are even

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8
9 10
and so on.

You will find if 1 works than 2 and 3 won't, then 5 and 6 will.
1,4,5,8,9 are on one leg
2,3,6,7,10 are on the other

Good luck with it.

Thank you! I just talked to one of our guys here at school and he's going to try and go over to my house for me this afternoon. We have water damage and electric out here at the school unfortunately though, what a mess!!

That happened to me in January...and our house is very old and has very little insulation, the eggs in the bator got into the low seventies/upper sixties for a few hours. I cranked up the heat in the bator for a few minutes after the electricity came back on, then brought it back down to regular temperature. They were a couple days late, but I got almost a 100% hatch and everyone was fine.

So DON'T give up!
hugs.gif

I have power! It wasn't the old splice it was a new section that corroded almost all the way through! I'm shocked I had any power at all. Thanks Purple for all your help and support!
5415_0728081713.jpg

Back
Top Bottom