I'm hooked! Today is the day3 and I got some problems

equine chick

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 9, 2007
Volant Pa Lawrence County
I have 15 eggs in my sa incubator. There are 6 White americaunas and 9 cochins(3 blue splash, 3 silver, 3 white) My temp wavered for a few days while I waited on my eggs but now remained a constant 101 degrees. I don't have a hygrometer but ordered one today with another incubator. We also have another 2 dozen eggs coming of cuckoo marans and wheaten marans coming on saturday which will probally be here by tuesday. They went in at 830am. The seller from ebay was awesome! She packaged the eggs beautifully and all arrived in perfect condition. She labeled each egg for me and gave the most explicit instructions, even my egg calender and when I need to candle my eggs. She is awesome.
i also ordered some wheaten marans and cuckoo marans(purebred) from another person from a maran breeding site. I was going to put them together but decided to get another incubator a little better with a fan and digital hygrometer and temp(ordered separetly) It even comes with an alarm for the temps and humidity I set it for. It ran about 45.00. I'm crazy and hooked and I have not even had one chick yet!

Last edited:
Well I just set some of bamachic's eggs and some of lannabun's eggs about 20 minutes ago ... so I will be waiting with you!!!! Is it to early to candle yet??!!!!?????

Okay today is day 3. I bought an egg turner from tsc and it is working pretty good. I'm still giving my eggs a 1/4 turn 2x day just to be on the safe side. I've had the hardest time regulating my temp and humidity. Today the humidity got too high at 70 -75 percent for about an hour. Could this had hurt the hatch? The temp has been fluctuating between two good therometers but most of the time been okay I think at around 100-101 degrees. Only once it got up to 103. for a short amount of time. This is going to drive me crazy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom