I'M HOOKED

And I'm happy too...now that I can hang their food and water! It's unbelievable how quickly they can mess in their food and water containers.

Jeff
tell me about it!!! I am still working on it... i have been cleaning out the water multiple times a day.... i want to put the water and food up on bricks in their tank... they are in an old reptile tank with a screened in top... if there was a way I didn't need the screened in top it would make my life much easier!!! (they are crazy and fly out!!!)

tell me about it!!! I am still working on it... i have been cleaning out the water multiple times a day.... i want to put the water and food up on bricks in their tank... they are in an old reptile tank with a screened in top... if there was a way I didn't need the screened in top it would make my life much easier!!! (they are crazy and fly out!!!)

I hung the water up as high as possible. Whatever you use to elevate them, make sure that there is no where for your peeps to stand while they are eating/drinking. You can break a brick by striking it with a hammer. It may take a couple of tries to get one the size you want. Good luck...

Jeff

I hung the water up as high as possible. Whatever you use to elevate them, make sure that there is no where for your peeps to stand while they are eating/drinking. You can break a brick by striking it with a hammer. It may take a couple of tries to get one the size you want. Good luck...

Jeff
thanks Jeff!! I will let you know how it turns out!

welcome-byc.gif

I wish I'd learned earlier to use the water nipples in the brooder! I didn't buy them until a few days before my flock went into the coop. It would have saved a lot of mess! The chicks learn to use the nipples within seconds. You can buy a pre-made fount with the nipples or just buy the nipples and screw into the bottom of any plastic container with a handle to hang it. Instead of changing out water 3-4 times a day, I did it every other day.

I wish I'd learned earlier to use the water nipples in the brooder! I didn't buy them until a few days before my flock went into the coop. It would have saved a lot of mess! The chicks learn to use the nipples within seconds. You can buy a pre-made fount with the nipples or just buy the nipples and screw into the bottom of any plastic container with a handle to hang it. Instead of changing out water 3-4 times a day, I did it every other day.
yes my husband keeps saying he wants to get this once we put the babies in the coop/// i must admit they are growing so big so fast!!! that might be sooner than i originally planned.

I actually looked at some of the water nipples at our local co-op last Friday. I've seen a lot of different watering applications on this forum and the internet using them and will probably go to them myself. My neighbor gave me the hanging 1 gallon waterer so I am using that for now. Do you have the vertical or horizontal water nipples? I've read that the horizontal ones are a little more reliable.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom