I'M HOOKED

I can't see the cuties well enough to render any opinion. In the group shot, it looks like they are forming an attack - I'd keep my eyes on them.
gig.gif
Welcome to the flock

I love to hear this, makes me realise I'm not the only excitable chicken owner! Their names are adorable too. I also have have a buff Orpington named Buffy, or Buffy the egg layer if I have enough time to call that out! Keep the updates coming, nice to see them grow up.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. We are all hooked on chickens here. You have some very cute chicks, and some cute names for your chicks. I've had all of your breeds at one time or another and you have a nice mixed flock. The first breed I ever had were Light Brahmas (about 50 years ago), and they were gentle giants. I currently have some Buff Orpingtons in my flock and they are as friendly and gentle as the Brahmas. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) has made lap pets of our BOs. The Easter Eggers though are her favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

I love your fluffy-butts. I got started when my nieces and nephews got tired of their easter bunny presents and my dad, their papa gave them to me to raise. Love at first sight. Never in a million years would I have ventured to do this on my own. Funny how parents know what's best for their children even when they are in their 40s.

My grandmother, Lorena, raised chickens for the family for eggs and meat. As a kid, I loved being around them. Now the thought of having some of my own takes me back to the old days and makes me think of my precious grandmother...she would be so proud. I wanted to name the Light Brahma after her, but I was scared that it might die and I would feel terrible.

And I wanted a mixed flock so we wouldn't get them mixed up.

Jeff

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Cute chicks! You should be able to tell gender with them when they are 6-8 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom