I'm horrible at matching colors, I could use a little help for my quilt please!

Ok, Sounds like yellow is a winner... How about the second puppie print witch one would look good with it?

Hard to say, maybe the original green and the yellow would work with the second puppy print. The SHADES of the colors should match, though. Like, if you choose a green it should match or be a little darker or lighter than the green in the print. I agree with not using a solid, but a tiny print that looks almost solid. Before you decide, make sure you view the print in the purest light you have-preferably outside during the day, or under white flourescent lighting. AFTER THAT, view it with indoor lighting just to be sure.

I love mixing prints:)
Good luck and happy quilting! Sounds like it will be a fabulous project!

what should i do about the corners i like the way mitering looks but i'm not that good at it how about a corner block would that look better than just over laping?

If i did it the first way maybe i could use the first patterned fabric in the corners. I realy like it but it might be too over powing as a border peace but this way might be better. I only have enough of the second puppy print to make about 8 square ware as i have twenty ( but i don't have to use all of them) of the other but i would realy like to get a couple more puppie prents i hope i can get into a big town soon to find some. Do you think the second puppie print is too girly it is for a boy i'm excited about makeing someting for a boy as i have all girls.

I often use the squares in the corners. Either way is fine, but go with your gut. Play with it some in good light. I sometimes make unusual choices and it rarely turns out badly. Quilting is art and art is an expression of YOU.

Last edited:
If it was for me i wouldn't worrie i would just put anyting i liked to gether but since it's for someone else i want it to be pleasing to the eye and not make you go ouch when you look at it lol

here is the other print with some green i have and with the first stips

How about the bright puppy print with yellow side and top pieces and one of the greens for your keystone corner pieces?

Back
Top Bottom