Im in shock right now

Why kill 30 chickens then kill a neighbors donkey to eat too?If they killed the donkey first kill 30 chickens if they already ate a donkey? Am I the only one who is puzzled?Sounds more like a wolf coyote hybrid thats much bigger.I would suspect dogs had they not eaten what they killed. Anything with an appetite this huge is not a typical coyote
I'm fairly certain you have coyote wolf hybrids not ordinary coyotes but I'm certainly no expert.I do know coyotes don't eat that much in one night. You need an electric fence to deter larger predators so they don't destroy your coop or kill your whole flock.I hope you have a plan of action for when they return.Wishing you the best!

Them standing their ground when i ran out with a gun the other night kind of has me thinking everyone might be right about them being wolves, but they supposedly are extinct in texas
Wolves maybe extinct in Texas I don't know for certain but its a fact wolves have bred with coyotes so they're all a mix now.Add the fact that there are no pure coyotes that don't have wolf or dog or BOTH.

I agree with every post here.

Just want to add that I would definitely be getting in touch with the local Dept. Of Conservation. If you don't have remains to show them at this point I hope you have pictures. They really need to get involved with this and the sooner the better. Any pack, either wild dog, hybrid wolf/coyote, hybrid coydogs, wild dogs that would do this much carnage in one night would not hesitate to take on an unarmed human or small child.

I think you have a bigger problem here than one with the livestock. I think you need to get to the base of what it is and in the mean time, put up hot wires, traps and lock and load whatever weapons you have.

Also set out game cameras and get proof of what is hanging around and get rid of it. The sooner the better.

My heart breaks for you and your neighbors. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom