I'm in tears right now.

Quote:
I don't know exactly. He was there yesterday. I take care of them once a day. They seem to be happy munching on bugs and sunbathing. They always have water. But yeah I got home from my grandpa's house and went to take care of them around 3.

what time is it now for you?

Sorry for the double post, if it is. But 4:13
And I was just out there

Quote:
what time is it now for you?

And I was just out there

how big is the property? and got woods?

Quote:
And I was just out there

how big is the property? and got woods?

About 1/2 an acre. And yes, there are woods around.
Now of course, we just own the 1/2 acre, that chick has no sense of what is his home and just other people's property. We have a creek in the back, if that matters.
I would think he would come back. He follows me around, and loves being in his coop. He likes to run around, too.

Last edited:
he couldnt have gone far
hmm.png

does he come when you call for them?

Quote:
Not really. I mean, he just always would follow me, and yes if I made a certain noise with the roof of my mouth, he'd look, see me, and come running. But i dunno. I tried that for a bit, no luck.

I would do a serious predator proofing of your operation. If a 6 week old bantam chick can get out, predators can get in. That may not be what has happened here but it will happen in the future if you don't take action.

I think our chickens our in cahoots with each other mine dispeared mysteriously yesterday and i went back last night to check on my broody gal and... !!!Surprise!!! there they where all 9 of them! (6 of my 9 teenagers went missing i have 24 chickens in total)

Quote:
Not really. I mean, he just always would follow me, and yes if I made a certain noise with the roof of my mouth, he'd look, see me, and come running. But i dunno. I tried that for a bit, no luck.

hmm.png
i dnt really have much faith but i'll try praying.. (i only try for select people mind you)
hopefully he comes home
if he doesnt, well... dang nabbit. i'll cry D:

Quote:

hmm.png
i dnt really have much faith but i'll try praying.. (i only try for select people mind you)
hopefully he comes home
if he doesnt, well... dang nabbit. i'll cry D:

Aw, thanks.
And don't cry, I've done enough of that for him.
Of course no one could replace BBQ, but do you think someone who is required by law to sell a minimum of 6 chicks at a time, would ever sell me a single 6 week old chicken kinda as an exchange thing? I'd pay full for it. I just like having 7 or 8 chicks.
hmm.png
Six would be a constant reminder that I lost one.

Back
Top Bottom