I'm in tears right now.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Barbeque, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Barbeque

Barbeque Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Danville
    Because my favorite chick, Barbecue, is gone! I counted my chicks today in their coop outside, and I only counted 6! I had 7! I noticed Barbecue wasn't their. I checked every he could possibly be in the coop. I promise. I didn't see guts or blood. I don't think he could get out. My only theory is that someone took him (idk why they would) or that a snake crawled in and ate him, and crawled out. [​IMG] I am SO sad. The couple I bought him from, I bought seven chicks, since 6 is the minimum. My mom doesn't think he'd sell me a single chick if I paid him for it. I think he would...but whatever. All of my other chicks are doing amazingly outside. He was doing fine just yesterday. Now I don't know where he is! ):

2. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    awww hun [​IMG] [​IMG]
    im sure hes just off on an adventure D: did you look outside?

3. Princess Lay-a

Princess Lay-a Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Great Falls
    So sorry! [​IMG] Checked everywhere? Could he have squeezed out? [​IMG]

4. Barbeque

May 4, 2010
    Danville
    Yesss! I didn't let him out though. Do you think he'll return? He's only like 6 weeks old, and he's a bantam.

edit: I mean he COULDA squeezed if he had intense desire to get out. I just though he was pretty happy where he was.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  5. RAWR

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    [​IMG] how long has he been gone?

6. RAWR

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    Quote:he could have squeezed out too
    chicks (mainly bantams) are good at that

7. Barbeque

May 4, 2010
    Danville
    Quote:I don't know exactly. He was there yesterday. I take care of them once a day. They seem to be happy munching on bugs and sunbathing. They always have water. But yeah I got home from my grandpa's house and went to take care of them around 3.

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    oh gosh I am sorry! I woul be freaking out too [​IMG] 6 weeks old but I've never seen a bantam chick so I assume they are much smaller then standards? [​IMG] I hope the little chicky comes back!

9. RAWR

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    Quote:I don't know exactly. He was there yesterday. I take care of them once a day. They seem to be happy munching on bugs and sunbathing. They always have water. But yeah I got home from my grandpa's house and went to take care of them around 3.

what time is it now for you?

10. Barbeque

May 4, 2010
    Danville
    Quote:Thank you! :)
    I mean, I'll manage.
    It's just that I was VERY sick, then twisted my ankle, now lost a chick! I go on vacation in FOUR days. ;p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by