1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm in Trouble.........Incubator is Here!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Schwartzfarmnc, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    I ordered my first incubator [​IMG]

At least it was on sale, and I had a coupon, but that does not take in effect that I'm also ordering chicks this week too, oh my! [​IMG]

I'm going to have to ask Santa for leniency this year, I've been bad.......

Anyways, I decided on a Brinsea Mini Advanced for a lesser troubled experience, and my 9 year old is super happy to be able to see some chicks hatch.

I was feeling left out of the fun here, so now I can say I've joined the ranks of a chickenholic, and I'm proud of it!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Let the hatching begin! [​IMG]

3. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Congratulations and best wishes for many happy hatches! You're going to love it! Remember to register your Brinsea as soon as you get it and you can get an extra 2 year warranty.

I have been going back and forth about getting an incubator, but don't even have money for gifts so I'm going to hold off and hope my chickens go broody!

4. happyhens120

happyhens120 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Central PA
    [​IMG]

5. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I've been bad too! I have 9 in the hovabator (on day 15 and all are kicking!) and my dad bought me a Brinsea Eco 20 that is on it's way and I just bought eggs for the new years hatch thread. Can Santa be bribed? I don't think cookies are going to cut it.

6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Yes, yes you are in trouble. At least you have come to the right place for all the enabling one can handle! Hatch on!

7. mikeypalone

mikeypalone Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2011
    henry co.
    so where is the best place to buy this eco 20 incubator?

8. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:I am certain Mrs. Claus bakes. Give him fresh eggs! [​IMG]

9. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

"so where is the best place to buy this eco 20 incubator?"

Try the web specials on the brinsea site (www.brinsea.com).

Gail

10. TinaK

TinaK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Australia
    I couldnt justify forking out for an incubator (here in Aus they just seem so expensive!!!!)... so I started making my own! It is almost finished (fussy husband won't let it be less than perfect.. he has a thing for safety)..

Just a few more bits & pieces and some fertile eggs and I'll be joining in the fun too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by