Pics
Yeah right!! My hubby is like NO MORE CHICKENS. I said three or four more hardly counts, lol.

LOL...I keep getting sideways looks when I start talking about more chickens. My sister in law has some beautiful Black Copper Marans that I'm going to breed my Blue Copper Marans cockerel to in the spring. She and I keep talking about it and he finally asked me "Just how many are you planning to hatch and keep?" I told him I'd just breed one kind each year...he said "Uh huh...OK." He is starting to understand chicken math or at least is understanding that there is no hope of controlling it.

Here is my Blue boy "Zaffre", he still has some growing to do. I hatched him on June 1st of this year:
22552741_10210168834849469_3342835024183342138_n.jpg

LOL...I keep getting sideways looks when I start talking about more chickens. My sister in law has some beautiful Black Copper Marans that I'm going to breed my Blue Copper Marans cockerel to in the spring. She and I keep talking about it and he finally asked me "Just how many are you planning to hatch and keep?" I told him I'd just breed one kind each year...he said "Uh huh...OK." He is starting to understand chicken math or at least is understanding that there is no hope of controlling it.

Here is my Blue boy "Zaffre", he still has some growing to do. I hatched him on June 1st of this year:
22552741_10210168834849469_3342835024183342138_n.jpg
Chicken noodles!!!! They love that

I feel so silly posting this. But....I was just tucking my chooks in for the night, and I was smiling to myself thinking how much I love to do this. I really do! Doing the head count, giving them a mealy worm, a pat on the head or beak, locking all the locks, giving them fresh food and water, saying goodnight. Trying to avoid the creepy spider crickets that are waiting to pounce on me in the near-darkness.

I wonder if it feels kind of like tucking your human children in for the night. I imagine it does, a little. I never had kids and never will (too old), but is the feeling kind of the same? Kind of sweet, and sentimental? My dogs sleep with me so there's no tucking in there. If anyone would have told me how much I would grow to love my little chickens, and care for my flock, I never would have believed them.

But there it is. My crazy, wonderful, inexplicable chicken love. :):love Goodnight, my sweet featherbabies.

Back
Top Bottom