Pics
I

It did work! Chicken shaming is real! I just went out there to feed my babies, and there it was....egg #2. A perfect, tiny, torpedo-shaped, cream colored ova of wonder.

It will happen! Trust me! Just when you give up, and start checking, cuz you're like "freak this, I'm never gonna get a freakin' egg" <sanitized for your protection, lol> then you go to remove some random turds from the nest box and there it is, sitting there waiting for you. :cool:

:woot Congrats again -- see they will come around :pop
So glad you sanitized that :lau

My 2nd EE gal that's been holding out finally laid an egg today. It's very small and sky blue. The other one lays smallish eggs that are more green.

Correction, not crochet, it is embroidery. The word just would not come to me. But if you're interested, here's the link that peaked my interest. Now i need to do some more for this Christmas.

https://www.needlenthread.com/2013/03/hand-embroidery-on-eggs-index.html
Oh my goodness! Thank you! Embroidery is the one and only craft activity I am actually good at! I can't wait to try it out! I haven't cooked any of my tiny pullet eggs yet. They will be perfect for this!

Oh my goodness! Thank you! Embroidery is the one and only craft activity I am actually good at! I can't wait to try it out! I haven't cooked any of my tiny pullet eggs yet. They will be perfect for this!

Awesome! It's fun.
There is another method of cutting a hole out of one side and just stitching on about 3 quarters of the egg, but i like the full egg embroidery better. The other way with a big hole is easier though.

I haven't embroidered anything since I was about 15. I saved the link and will put it on my list of crafts..... I'm repeating what I said last year -- maybe NEXT year I can get around to doing some crafting and get back to practicing some lapidary too. In my teens I painted a handful of eggs - just simple pastel flowers. My friends mom has them still.

Correction, not crochet, it is embroidery. The word just would not come to me. But if you're interested, here's the link that peaked my interest. Now i need to do some more for this Christmas.

https://www.needlenthread.com/2013/03/hand-embroidery-on-eggs-index.html
Wow!!! I was going to make a Christmas ornament with one of my eggs, but these are amazing!!! I can only imagine how many swear words and smashed eggs would be hurled in my living room as I tried to do this. You are very, very patient!!

Back
Top Bottom