Honestly there wasn't much to edit. :confused:
Gee, I finally got all caught up reading this thread.
CONGRATULATIONS Pitbullmomma on your first egg (sorry I guess I don't know how to tag on BYC)
and Congratulations to WVduckchick on the new grand baby.
I have never seen a thread edited by staff, I sure hope I didn't miss all of the good stuff.

I'm excited about something weird. Hubs told me he has to work on thanksgiving, most people would be bummed but not me. Him working means no inlaws and i get to set up camp on the couch and watch the parades " i only watch to see if a balloon goes rouge." That also means I'll be rested so i can really enjoy the black Friday fights too. It's like Christmas came early. :)

I'm excited about something weird. Hubs told me he has to work on thanksgiving, most people would be bummed but not me. Him working means no inlaws and i get to set up camp on the couch and watch the parades " i only watch to see if a balloon goes rouge." That also means I'll be rested so i can really enjoy the black Friday fights too. It's like Christmas came early. :)

Glad I'm not the only one that would enjoy a nice quiet Thanksgiving. My wife and I have been married 37 years and she has always fixed a big dinner for the family. When are kids became teenagers their friends started coming to our house for Thanksgiving too. Now both kids are married so do they have Thanksgiving now? No way, mom still has to do the cooking. I enjoy it but it is so many hours of work for about a half to an hour of eating.

Wow, she must just really love to do the dinner and I imagine you like to eat. :) I don't have any kids "except the neighbor's that might as well live here,"so thanksgiving is loading up and going to the mother in law's house. I'm not exactly any of the inlaws favorite so I'm pretty happy to stay home.
Glad I'm not the only one that would enjoy a nice quiet Thanksgiving. My wife and I have been married 37 years and she has always fixed a big dinner for the family. When are kids became teenagers their friends started coming to our house for Thanksgiving too. Now both kids are married so do they have Thanksgiving now? No way, mom still has to do the cooking. I enjoy it but it is so many hours of work for about a half to an hour of eating.

I'm glad I get a day off from cooking. When we go to mother in law's I'm always volunteered to make something and it's usually complicated. She wants to eat by noon so I'm up early cooking and trying not to kill whatever I've been assigned. This year it's a sandwich thanksgiving, just like the pilgrims. :)
My son's friend still comes most years. They are 30 now. We eat here around 3 and then they go to his families house around 6.

Back
Top Bottom