He looks like a Spicoli! Poor little roo, this cold has just been a comb killer. I'm thinking you just like having Honey inside, i might be wrong but it really looks like that. :)
I tried finding a better copy of it, to no avail. Sorry. :( I'm sure i just found it by a google search.

Speaking of frostbitten combs, one of my serama dudes has been brought inside because his was so bad. He will lose alot of it. And also because i have Honey inside. She was having a little respiratory issue, but has cleared up. Didn't want to take her back out in the cold, after getting used to being indoors, so I brought him in with her.
His name is Spicoli. :lol:
View attachment 1227967
View attachment 1227968

I tried finding a better copy of it, to no avail. Sorry. :( I'm sure i just found it by a google search.

Speaking of frostbitten combs, one of my serama dudes has been brought inside because his was so bad. He will lose alot of it. And also because i have Honey inside. She was having a little respiratory issue, but has cleared up. Didn't want to take her back out in the cold, after getting used to being indoors, so I brought him in with her.
View attachment 1227967
View attachment 1227968

They are bea-u-ti-ful :love I would keep them inside just for pretty! ......And snuggles

They are bea-u-ti-ful :love I would keep them inside just for pretty! ......And snuggles

She is a snuggler...when she wants to be. He's still deciding whether I'm good or bad.
She was snuggled on my belly, he finally hopped up on the arm of the chair to see.
WP_20180104_18_13_28_Pro_LI (2).jpg

I'm with you -- I'm sure it does hurt them to get frostbitten. I'm not ok with that, but I sure do love the big combs. I will just try to prevent it as much as possible.

Eve is 2-1/2 months and the rest are 1-1/2 months. I know -- seems awful early, but they are very feisty. Of course, Eve is very spoiled and proper compared to the 3 little girls.

I saw that too. I really don't think dogs belong outside all of the time, with few exceptions. And those that are outdoors, should have a nice warm bed to go to out of the elements. It can be very sad. In California it was the dogs left out in the hot sun, with no shade. :rant

The ground was thawed enough today to get a few scoops of dirt for the chicks dirt bath, even though it was still very cold out. I put the dirt in a feed pan, buried a bunch of meal worms in it and set it on the kitchen floor along with their bowls of food. Oh, I went back to giving them wet chick starter as the dry stuff just gets kicked all over the kitchen. Anyway -- they loved their dirt bath. The squeezed into the bowl sometimes 3 at a time and rolled around and threw dirt clear across the room.

I had to spend an extra long time sweeping and mopping the kitchen, but it was worth it. They had a really good time and they've pooped themselves out! I'm sure there are some remnants of dirt under the stove and refrigerator that I'll have to get later.
View attachment 1227853 View attachment 1227854
View attachment 1227855

The things we do for our chickens!
Absolutely adorable! I need to get more dirt this week. We're supposed to get a few days above freezing so hopefully the snow will melt.

View attachment 1227967
View attachment 1227968
Poor little guy. This year is terrible for combs. Haven't seen anyone w toe losses though.

Thank you so much! Pinning it now.

Check out his little crow, if you can call it that! Lol

It reminds me of Willie's first crows.. So pathetic, but he tried.

Back
Top Bottom