I'm new-sick chick-treating w/ corid but could be internal laying?

Farragochic

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 23, 2017
Hello all, I am a brand new chicken mama and have a sick girl. She's a barred plymouth rock and is about 4.5 months old. She became distant (she's the friendliest) and lethargic a few days ago. I started researching coccidiosis and thought it was that because they started drinking from a birdbath and were pooping in it even though we cleaned it every day. (my bad...I said I'm new at this). This is day 2 of treatment, no other birds acting weird.

She is not eating but she is drinking. Her crop is a bit squishy, even somewhat big. Her belly is very swollen. Her comb is still red but has fallen over. Tail feathers are laid back, not standing up like the others.

Now I'm wondering if it's internal laying because she actually laid 4 eggs about a month ago then stopped after finding one last blob of yellow all over the nesting box and into coop floor. I have caught her in the nesting box several times since.

I don't know what to do at this point. Please help. Thanks.

She vomited a little tonight as I was lifting her up so I decided to massage her crop and she vomited A LOT and sounded gargley. She's still very lethargic.

I think she has sour crop don't give anything hard like grains ,isolated her and give yogurt with tiny bits of garlic and check her droppings

Back
Top Bottom