I'm not seeing air cells in shipped eggs?

Brenny

Chirping
11 Years
Jun 25, 2012
Received silky eggs yesterday by UPS. I set them in cartons, pointed end down, to settle; about 20 hrs ago. I just candled them, and can see no air cell, are these eggs ruined? This is my first batch of eggs to incubate, I assumed I would see a well defined air cell, like on the store eggs I experimented with on candler. Thank you.

i always let shipped eggs settle in the incubator, couple of times the air sack turned out wonky, they still hatched lol .. i wouldnt wait frettin about it, in a week youll know .. yes id take a couple of pics along the way, and if none develop id let the seller know politely how dismayed you are and maybe theyll help you out ...

Attachments

• 20230421_062116.jpg
    20230421_062116.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 26
If the eggs are fresh it will take the aircell a few days to grow and be noticeable. Still set them. If nothing develops I would contact the seller and let them know.

i always let shipped eggs settle in the incubator, couple of times the air sack turned out wonky, they still hatched lol .. i wouldnt wait frettin about it, in a week youll know .. yes id take a couple of pics along the way, and if none develop id let the seller know politely how dismayed you are and maybe theyll help you out ...
Thank you. Ive got them in incubator now, so we'll see!!🤞

If the eggs are fresh it will take the aircell a few days to grow and be noticeable. Still set them. If nothing develops I would contact the seller and let them know.
Thank you! Every thing Ive watched or read doesnt mention this. What a relief! 🤞

Thank you! I think less information in materials Ive read and seen pertains to this point; with more empasis being given to what a developed egg cell looks like. I hope this helps other newbies.

Back
Top Bottom