I'M NOT YOUR SWEETY!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel! I have the same problem. I look younger the I am and my husband looks older then he is but there is only 2.5 years between us. The day we were married (I was 20 and he was 22), we stopped for gas on the way to our honeymoon and the lady at the register said to my hubby "you're daughter's pretty" I looked around to make sure she was talking to us then I said "we're married!" Boy what a look we got! I've got countless other stories. Especially when I was pregnant!

I'm well past 70 and it bothers me still to have someone call me honey, or sweetie, but I'm rather they call me names, than the touchy freely person.I don't mind a hug in church, but I can't stand someone patting me on the shoulder or rubbing my back,My DD say's i'm strange but I don't like strangers touching me, I was born in the deep south so honey is natural for someone to be called but working in some of the places I have worked, it really bugs me and now I have no problem telling them my name is NOT honey. marrie

Quote:
yeah...touching is another story. thats a bit odd...
hmm.png

Quote:
hmm.png

I get really uncomfortable when I see people touch a pregnant womans belly too. I have been known to say, "Hey, ya know that is not public property", and have the mom look at me gratefully. So odd the things people do.

My moms 4'9" she loves it when people card her, or ask if im her sister
lau.gif
to boot my mom had me when she was 16 and she is more like my best friend/sister than mom (i'm almost 25 btw).

I get told I look older, i'd RATHER look younger. MUCH rather.

The condescension pops up at the other end, too. I have VERY white hair with just some random black streaks. When I stopped coloring it I apparently aged 25 years in a few weeks. Now I'm sweetie, dear and the worst one "young lady"
rant.gif
Coloring is a pain but I''ll probably switch back just to make it stop.

The problem (for me) is not being called honey or sweety, this is the south and I'm used to that.

It's just being ignored, or not taken seriously, or treated like you don't know a thing because you're assumed to be a teenager.

Quote:
hmm.png

I get really uncomfortable when I see people touch a pregnant womans belly too. I have been known to say, "Hey, ya know that is not public property", and have the mom look at me gratefully. So odd the things people do.

I have flipped out when people have tried to touch me or my daughter, I know they are trying to be friendly but I have serious issues with people touching me!!! Glad I'm not alone!!! I had a lady walk out of a bathroom stall, not wash her hands and go for my daughter, I literally screamed at her not to tough my baby, my friend was holding Kylie so she backed away and walked out, the lady looked at ME like I was crazy
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom