I'm officially worried (and jealous)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by joelda, Oct 2, 2007.

1. joelda

joelda New Egg

May 29, 2007
    I have one RR Red, one Barred Rock, an EE and a few polish. All of them are 25 weeks now and guess what?! NO EGGS!! They have been on layer pellets for weeks now and seem happy and healthy - they just seem a bit too happy living 'rent free' so-to-speak. Any thoughts, ides?

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Should be any time now! Love the " happy livin rent free" comment. I have a few slackers as well.

3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Why give the eggs when they're getting the treats for free?

(A little adaptation of the oldy "Why buy the cow when you're gettin the milk for free?")

4. livinggreen

livinggreen Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2007
    Clarkston, MI
    :eek:
    OOOH! thats exactly how I felt! I also felt like mine were too spoiled and living the good life without having to do anything in return! It will happen soon! And you will get to do the happy first egg dance! The first one does feel like it takes forever! All 3 of mine are laying now (for the past 5 days) and I already have so many eggs! We've been eating eggs every day! It is like a tiny miracle every time I go out there and there is another little brown egg waiting for me.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  5. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Yeah... I got a little resentful too... giving them all those treats in hopes I'd be rewarded sooner. Out of thirteen 22 week olds I have only one laying. It'll happen. It's tough waiting. I don't think food had any bearing on the onset of my period. It'll happen when it happens. On a funny note... I do have three more elder/laying hens. I was doing a little egg dance last Sunday morning... just hoping Sophie(my buff orp) would pop out one more egg just in time for breakfast. We were almost late for church... and NO, we did not get the egg til we got home! lol! Good luck!!

6. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Don't feel bad. I have 23 pullets all around 22 weeks and only about 14-15 are laying.

Pullets are like human females...we all develop and muture at different rates.

I think it was Ruth that threatened her girls. She told them, "I'm going to have friends over and we're going to eat omelets...if not omelets then we're having chicken." Then they started laying. Try that! [​IMG]

Edited for spelling. Someone pointed out that I can't spell omelet. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  7. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I tottally understand how you feel mine are about the same age and i have not one egg to show from them.

8. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:or you could say they are all ......never mind thread would have to be in other pets if I was gonna refernce what I thought

9. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    Joelda Mine were born April 1st and they just started laying this week....and only one of the 4. Hang in there...
    Tink

10. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Quote:or you could say they are all ......never mind thread would have to be in other pets if I was gonna refernce what I thought

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by