1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm one of the group! Candleing update

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginasmarans, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I just set 41 eggs in the bater,24 eggs shipped to me and 17 of my marans. Countdown begins.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck Gina!

Jody

3. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    [​IMG]

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    [​IMG]

5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Hope you have a terrific hatch!!

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a great feeling haveing somethin in the bator! Mine are due in 8 days....well, they are not for me...but for another BYC'r. Oh, but I DO have a "surprise baby" in there. when it hatches....I am going to see if you all can tell what the breeds are....its a shocker!!

7. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I candled last night and 18 out of 24 are for sure developing. I think there are a few more,but the eggs are brown and I may have to wait a few more days. Then there are my 19 marans eggs. I can't see anything yet. I'll have to wait until that baby is big enough to jump around,I guess.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

I'm hatching some of my Marans right now and is hard to tell on them. Towards the end I can usually see enough to tell how big the air cell is and whether it's darker on the bottom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by