I'm ordering an incubator NOW!

Quote:
I went with the R-Com King Suro-20 because I got all the bells and whistles, including the automatic humidity controll pump for half the price. I couldn't be happier with it. I put my pricey eggs in it, plugged it in and plugged in the rocker. On day 18 I increased the humidity setting to 68 and took it out of the rocker. On day 21 the eggs hatched. The only problem was that there isn't really enough room for more than 8 to 10 bantam chicks to hatch in it without having to open it and take some out. Had I had fewer eggs and decided not to candle I would not have needed to open it or do a thing to it other than put eggs in, take fluffy dry chicks out
lol.png

so it really won't hatch 20 chicken eggs comfortably???

I've been doing a little searching, and I found this thread on BYC about the King Suro 20:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=228281&p=1

It looks like it's about the same size as the Octagon 20 - but I haven't looked up actual dimensions. Apparently, it doesn't come with an egg tray - I think it comes with plastic dividers, whereas the Brinsea comes with metal dividers. In my Octagon 20 Eco, I hatch in egg cartons, which it looks like a lot of people using the Suro do as well.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm concerned about how many eggs the suro 20 will hatch it says 24, but then MadCap says there isn't enough room to hatch 8-10 bantams....REALLY?

Last edited:
It has an egg tray. I took out the dividers and replaced them w/cartons. It will hold 24 egg-cells of cartons, that is wall to wall. I like my chicks to have somewher to go once out of the egg. I lined the carton-cells around the outside, leaving the center free but they were still trampling all over each other. It is the equivalent of trying to hatch a dozen eggs in a large shoe box. BYC members with the Brinsea also had to remove chicks. In future, I plan to move eggs to a hatcher-bator if I have more than 10. Like I said, I like the chicks to have a bit more room, especially if I leave them in the bator 24 to 40 hours.

Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced
LOVE IT!
it is rock solid on temp
it is accurate on humidity so I know what I need to add, etc.
easy easy to hatch in
cleans in dishwasher (bottom sections)
I loved it so much I bought the brinsea cabinet model
love it too!

Quote:
I borrowed one of these and it's absolutely plug and play. However, I don't do too much hatching so I just ordered the Rcom Suro King today. Total was $275 with shipping and, like the Brinsea, everything is automatic including a pump for humidity. I don't want to have to mess with it...just got too much on my plate to be fiddling and worrying about it.

Back
Top Bottom