I'm really going to miss that crow!! :(

lovemychix

Songster
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
Moulton Iowa
I think I'm going to have to give my lovely rooster away. He is getting to violent even to me. I have 2 small children and all I can think is that one day hes going to poke an eye out or something bad. Thanks to all of you that gave me advice to "reform" him but I think it's made him worse. My daughter can't even gather the eggs anymore without me and he even attacks her in front of me. I had my self talked into maybe making him dinner but I just can't. I know a woman who thinks he's georgeous...I think I'm just going to let her have him.

Sorry you didn't have a better outcome and have to give your rooster up. With young children around I think you are making a wise decision. Some roosters just can't be reformed. At least you did your best.

Awww, so sorry !!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Wish it turned out better for you !! At least he will get a nice home and not a stew pot !!

Maybe you can get a nice rooster and try again !! Did you raise the other one yourself ?? I know the EE's are nice and sweet !! Look in to other breed that might be nice !! I know I read your other post at some point sorry to ask again what breed was he ?

Sorry he couldnt be reformed. Mine was a little meanie too. Something got him. I miss the crowing but not the sneaking up behind me when I was out with them. Your kids gotta come first.

Quote:
He was an EE...I bought him when he was 8 weeks. We really didn't raise him from a baby. I have new babies in the brooder and maybe they made a mistake and sent a roo. They couldn't guarantee my crested would all be pullets. I would love to have a polish roo. I think they are beautiful!! We will just have to see how thinks work out.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've had several roosters. One started biting me as he reached maturity, then when he flogged me, he was gone. The 'treatment' didn't work on him. Suede, Dutch, Mace and Jake are all great roosters, though Jake is still young and may change later. Hawkeye was wonderful as well, may he rest peacefully on that Great Roost in the Sky. There are plenty of good ones out there who are a bit more intelligent than to bite the hand that feeds them.

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
Yea...he bit the hand that fed him alright...one two many times!! He would act so sweet and come get treats out of my hand and an hour later try to kill me.

Well he was a bi-polar rooster for sure !!! Maybe like you said you will have one in your new bunch and can raise him around the kids !! Hope so.

I work with a girl who has a young relative who now has a glass eye , thanks to a rooster attack. The little girl was 3 or 4 when the rooster got her in the eye. The eye poking thing can really happen ! By all means, stew pot or rehome.

Last edited:
Hercules just went to a farm with no children. The lady who took him has wanted him since he was a baby and I wouldn't ever part with him, but now I had now choice!! I think he'll like being a farm chicken. They took my other rooster a while back and they said he's doing great too!!

Back
Top Bottom