1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm rubbing it in!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hisbride, Jul 6, 2007.

1. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    One of my pullets laid her first egg!! :weeeDH said he didn't think there would be anything till the second week of August. I kept saying 16 weeks. Well low and behold he was out there checking in on them and found a purdy lil egg.[​IMG] I'm not rubbing it in but I want too [​IMG]
    I just wish I knew which one so I could tell her she did good. Oh and I was complaining that they kept scratching out the pine straw well the egg was on a nesting box that still had a bit of pine straw in it. Smart girl.
    [​IMG]
    I admit to happy egg laying dancing in the yard:weee

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  2. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Congrats to you and your girl...whoever she may be. That tiny egg is so cute. [​IMG]
    However don't be surprised if it doesn't have a yolk. I had one that small about a week ago and it had no yolk...just a membrain type looking thing. I wasn't sure if it was ok to eat. so I just ate the white part. [​IMG]

3. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    That is a purty lil egg! Yeah chickens!

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Congrat's on your egg!!! P.S. I'm waiting patiently!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  5. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    first egg is always the beat

6. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Doesn't look THAT small to me. I think it is probably a very normal pullet egg. What breed of pullets do you have?

7. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I have Delawares, Barreds, and Red Stars. Yeha not too bad for her first one. My other brown egg layer which is about 3 years old lays eggs just slightly bigger than this one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by