I'm Sad i'm crying i'm FAINTING! Reader beware your in for a scare....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Charlotte, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Hello Peeps,

Please don't get angry at me and say you should not have chucked it (what im saying I HAVE DEFIANTLY LEARNT MY LESSON!)

Here it goes, I went to check on my broody hen, a little bit after we got back from Adelaide I already had but you know double check, I saw one that looked wet I smelled it (thoughts) ITS OFF!! Quick chuck it!!!!!!!! (egg flying through the air SMASH!SMOOSH! CRACK!!!!!!!!
    I thought umm that did not sound like a BOOM! SMASH! CRACK????? I went slowly to have a look but 6 greedy chickens got there before me and pulled out a breathing chick and ate it(Faint)
    I ran back to the hen and looked under her there was a cracked egg under here that had exploded on the other! I KNOW I KNOW I should have slowly cracked it to the membrane I know I was foolish:(: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Im sooo angry, but my mum says there is lessons in life to learn ALWAYS CHECK TWICE PEEPS!!!!!!

HELP NEED KIND WORDS!!!

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Crowing

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    But, I'm sorry, why did you throw it?

3. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Quote:It looked like it was weeping and I freaked I as tired though I just came home from a wedding me and my friends at the wedding stayed up till like 1:00 doing prankcalls and truth or dare LOL
    I regret that now though

4. gumbii

gumbii Songster

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    wut..?

5. Squishy

Squishy Songster

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Shes kinda young.. thats all.

My mom always said "Poo Poo Hapens!"

6. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Songster

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    eh, Im confused. You chucked a hatching egg... or an already hatched chick?!

Dear, there are many lessons to learn in life and we all make mistakes..But if you

threw A CHICK. HOW IN THE WORLD.. did you not know that it wasn't an egg?

am I way off? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Crowing

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:I guess

8. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Im confused [​IMG]

9. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Quote:She smelled a rotten egg, and chucked what she believed to be the offending egg. Didn't look closely and accidentally chucked a good, hatching egg.

Accidents happen, and you didn't intentionally harm the chick. I'm so sorry this happened. Don't beat yourself up; just accept the lesson given, and be more careful next time. [​IMG]

10. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Songster

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Quote:She smelled a rotten egg, and chucked what she believed to be the offending egg. Didn't look closely and accidentally chucked a good, hatching egg.

Accidents happen, and you didn't intentionally harm the chick. I'm so sorry this happened. Don't beat yourself up; just accept the lesson given, and be more careful next time. [​IMG]

Aha! Ok sorry.

I agree. Don't beat yourself up. It wasn't your fault, and you did not mean

to harm the chick. Not everybody actually opens the eggs before tossing them,

so this could VERYeasily happen to anybody, and im sure it has before. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: