I'm setting my 5th batch of eggs today Feb 7th - will hatch February 28th - anyone with me?

Oh wowzerz, no one's posted in like 3 days! It's time to candle y'alls eggs; I candled mine and so far so good. But if u candle, don't throw any that look like duds out!

Oh wowzerz, no one's posted in like 3 days! It's time to candle y'alls eggs; I candled mine and so far so good. But if u candle, don't throw any that look like duds out!

Making up for no posts huh? JK!
lau.gif

I'm sorry I haven't posted. I've been waiting patiently
caf.gif
until Day 7 to candle. I candled every day with my 1st clutch - now I just let the turner do it's thing and check on Day 7, 14 & 18 when I go to lockdown.

Good advice about not tossing duds - last clutch we had in the bator we thought all were duds - a few clears & most questionables. Two we couldn't see through and figured they weren't any good. Well turns out those two did have chicks! They hatched out last Saturday, 2/4. So definitely only toss the absolutely clear - you can see through them and there is obviously nothing growing or dark inside. And of course get rid of any stinkers immediately.

Welcome to all the late February hatchers!
jumpy.gif

Candled my spitzhauben eggs and I'm down to 11 of the 17 and it looks like 2-3 others may be duds but not sure. I'll be happy if I get 50% out of these eggs. We're about 2/3 of the way there!

Decided to put 8 of the eggs under my broody EE. I have the other 8 in the bator. Going to lockdown Saturday evening. Hoping to time hatches so broody raises them all.

I miscalculated the lockdown date - Day 18 will be Saturday.

Last edited:
Hatch day is getting close! I candled tonight and saw movement in two of the AMs for sure, I couldn't see in the Wellies and am unsure about the other AMs. I haven't candled the eggs under my broody. I will leave them to hatch or not and candle only once she stops setting on them to see if they are still good. I will trust her to know the difference. :D. Hatch day is Tuesday!

Not sure what's happening under my broody Smokey - but she's out there bok bok bokking to her eggs - so hopefully some of those 8 will hatch.

Meanwhile - we've had some activity already in the bator - 2 of the Wellies were moving around and we can hear a faint chirp from inside!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom