I'm setting up the bator...

K, candled 8/24, and all look good! One teeny tiny egg from Brian Sparks's trio is looking questionable, but that was expected. I can still see development in it though! So either it's good, or it started to develop but died. On to the next row!

So, out of 24 eggs total, I had to remove 2 because they were completely clear. So down to 22 eggs. 4 I had to mark "questionable", hence a little black dot on the top. Those were either fuzzy, or hazy, or not showing enough development. So if they're as bad or worse in 4-5 days, they're out. So, out of 24 eggs, 18 are looking beautiful. You have no idea how excited I am!

Oh yes I do!!!! That's wonderful - you've got lots of possible chickies!!! What day are you going to take them out of the turner? Based on the info Frank sent me, and the fact the Denna's hatched early, I was thinking I would take mine out on day 16.

Yes, I discussed it with Denna and I was set for day 16 as well. We're going on a motorcycle riding trip up in the Sierras the weekend before they are supposed to hatch, so the bf will be babysitting the eggs for me. Don't worry though, I taught him everything he knows! Lol, he's turning out to be a pretty good little chicken-boy! Does a better job than my dad when it comes to babysitting chickens. If I get 5 hatch I will be ecstatic.

So it is day 18. No movement yet. I don't know how the temps/humidity were while I was gone, but the bf is good w/ the bator, and siad things were fine. I got home and the temp was about 99 degrees. They could be moving and not know it, my mom has been keeping me out of the house, I guess I'm driving her crazy. I'll update y'all later tonight.

No movement from them at all yet...I'm getting worried. I'm working on my "I'm anxious and keeping my hands busy" scarf right now. Mom took me out today to keep me away from the eggs for about an hour. Humidity has been at about 60-70% these past 2 days. I think my temps might have been a bit low for a while, although I'm pretty positive they were not. Before I left, I candled them all, and still, the 18 were absolutely perfect! I hope this works out! I've been watching the bator like a hawk, I know I'm not going to get any sleep tonight.

-Sarah

Back
Top Bottom