I'm setting up the bator...

SloCrevs

Songster
12 Years
Oct 21, 2007
Central Coast, CA
YAY! The serama eggs from Frank were shipped today! Should have them by Wednesday. Postal service around here is real good (lol, that was hickish). I thought my mottled serama pullet trixie was brooding, well, she was, but only for 3 days. I was planning on putting 2 or 3 eggs under her, but I guess that's out the window. Anyway, I ordered 1 dozen, but because it's frank, I know I'll have a couple extra.

This is my first time hatching serama, and I'm using a Brinsea Octagon 20DX. I've used it to hatch one other batch, and I wouldn't trade this incubator for the world, I love it..well...maybe a bigger model lol. So I'll keep you all updated! I'm SOOOO Excited!

-Sarah

I have a octegon 40DX and it is the best. Dont even have to mess with it at all when I get it set. Cant wiat to see those cute little chicks.
jumpy.gif

Thank you. I chose frank because I'd heard some awesome things about him, his birds, and his eggs. He's also a pleasure to work with.
The bator is up and running. It's at a steady temp. Still having issues fiddling with the humidity. I'm running it dry today, and it's up @ 60%? How does that work? I've got a wet-bulb from Brinsea. Any help would be great.

All right, Frank is amazing. He decided to help me out with a 4H project, and while I ordered 1 dozen, he sent me 27! 3 were broken, but the rest are sitting in my room settling. Will put them in the incubator about noon on thanksgiving.

Wow, 2 dozen eggies exactly! Thank you Frank! I'm so excited. That and we're having our first poultry meeting next Tuesday with this new group, so I'll have to show them how the incubator works! Well, I'm playing w/Andromeda, my red-tailed boa, so I'll keep you all updated!

*My little Bro named the smallest egg Fire Blast. He sat down and told us we needed to name them all.

sarah,

the small eggs are chance i took for you the hens are a little young but the roo and the hens are a direct hatch from brian sparks eggs i got about 7-8 months ago. they/ or it probally was marked with a B/ BS .. X IS BLACK ONLY EGGS -LE- IS ELAINE AND LUANNS BIRDS EGGS... and unmarked are just a multitude of colors and range from A-B-C BIRDS..

ALL THE B-BS BIRDS ARE SUB-A AND A SIZE..

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE HATCH RATE IS GOOD AS I HAVE YET TO HAVE ANY EVER REPORTED BROKEN------NEVER!! SO THEY HAD A RUFF RIDE...........

THANKS ALOT FRANK.

PS. I PUT 7 EGGS UNDER A BROODY AND 5 OF THE 7 HATCHED LAST NIGHT, NOT BAD BUT THEY ONLY TRAVELED 7 FEET..

Last edited:
So, I'm about to go candle eggs from Frank. It's day #8, well, technically day #9, I set the eggs at noon. I know Frank, that you are online right now. So I'm going to go check and post results!

Back
Top Bottom