What did you do in the garden today?

My first Stella d'Oro lily bloom!
IMG_20240429_172830944.jpg

Anyone else finish your spring rush to get everything planted and then afterwards you feel anxious because there's nothing to do but wait? I keep prowling the garden like 3x a day because I'm sure there's SOMETHING I forgot to do...
😂😂😂
I need to actually do some spring rushing! We are still a few weeks away from our average last frost date, but I'm having anxiety because there seems to be so much to do, and the anxiety is keeping me from moving forward. Which is stupid. And I know it's stupid. Which somehow adds more pressure, which makes it harder to move forward. What I need to do is make a schedule or something...

I need to actually do some spring rushing! We are still a few weeks away from our average last frost date, but I'm having anxiety because there seems to be so much to do, and the anxiety is keeping me from moving forward. Which is stupid. And I know you don't it's stupid. Which somehow adds more pressure, which makes it harder to move forward. What I need to do is make a schedule or something...
I know that feeling! It's also compounded by unpredictable spring weather... I do make a list of things I need to get done... It helps me feel like at least I'm planning, even if I can't actually go outside and DO anything. 😂 It's all mental...

I cheated on replanting the pepper seeds... found 6 packs at Menards for $2.99 and grabbed a few. No waiting for germination again. Puts only about a week or two behind given the size of these plants being just a bit smaller than my starts were.

Not my garden, but I built 13 panels that will become an "m" shaped raised bed for my mother for Mother's Day. It's a gift from my sister, myself and our kids (the grandkids). Their just 1' tall panels but will make a 16' long and 8' wide 4-section raised bed with a total of 110 sq ft of planting space. The panels are wooden frames with corrugated steel.

I know that feeling! It's also compounded by unpredictable spring weather... I do make a list of things I need to get done... It helps me feel like at least I'm planning, even if I can't actually go outside and DO anything. 😂 It's all mental...
It's an actual thing! I had to look it up what it's called: Choice paralysis! When you have so many options it is overwhelming, and you can't make a decision. That's kind of what I get at this time of year, apparently. It doesn't help to have new chicks and a new puppy that also require some of my brain-space.

Back
Top Bottom