1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

i'm SO ashamed!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chkinut, Dec 20, 2010.

1. chkinut

chkinut Songster

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    wow! do I ever feel weird!!! i just got back from the grocery store.....with a dozen STORE BOUGHT eggs!!! [​IMG] yucky!!! but i had NO choice! with Christmas coming up...and baking to be done....and only 4 girls (2 of which are moulting).....i'm just not gettin' many eggs! [​IMG] i haven't cracked a store egg opened yet....but a YELLOW yolk will be staring me in the face! i'll be sure to just use these for baking, not for eating breakfast.....

2. Bridget399

Bridget399 Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    So, so sorry to hear that! I feel for you!! [​IMG]

3. kingpartyof5

kingpartyof5 In the Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I had to do this yesterday! I felt so guilty, but I only have one hen laying right now and 5, 27 wk old free-loaders. Please don't mention the mysterious new carton in the fridge, I don't want Dandelion to be jealous. However, the others could use some inspiration...

4. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Songster

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I had to do the same over the weekend. With the short days and one hen molting I've only gotten one egg in two weeks [​IMG]
    Needless to say it inspired me to get my lights up and on a timer and give my Marans pullets a pep talk to get on with the laying!

5. clairabean

clairabean Songster

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    [​IMG] I feel for you.

6. gmendoza

gmendoza Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    [​IMG]SHAME SHAME!!!!

7. bakerjw

bakerjw Songster

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Every week when the DW and I go grocery shopping I ask as we walk by the eggs, "Do we need eggs?"

As always we chuckle.

This last week we had a coupon for 18 eggs and she needed some for baking so we did buy some. As i made breakfast on Sunday morning I cracked one in with the regular girls eggs and there was a noticeable difference.

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    [​IMG].

So sorry to hear that.

9. jasonm11

jasonm11 Songster

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    youre girls will be hurt you cheating chicken egg eater you [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  10. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by