i'm SO ashamed!!!

chkinut

Songster
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
wow! do I ever feel weird!!! i just got back from the grocery store.....with a dozen STORE BOUGHT eggs!!!
sickbyc.gif
yucky!!! but i had NO choice! with Christmas coming up...and baking to be done....and only 4 girls (2 of which are moulting).....i'm just not gettin' many eggs!
barnie.gif
i haven't cracked a store egg opened yet....but a YELLOW yolk will be staring me in the face! i'll be sure to just use these for baking, not for eating breakfast.....

I had to do this yesterday! I felt so guilty, but I only have one hen laying right now and 5, 27 wk old free-loaders. Please don't mention the mysterious new carton in the fridge, I don't want Dandelion to be jealous. However, the others could use some inspiration...

I had to do the same over the weekend. With the short days and one hen molting I've only gotten one egg in two weeks
hit.gif

Needless to say it inspired me to get my lights up and on a timer and give my Marans pullets a pep talk to get on with the laying!

Every week when the DW and I go grocery shopping I ask as we walk by the eggs, "Do we need eggs?"

As always we chuckle.

This last week we had a coupon for 18 eggs and she needed some for baking so we did buy some. As i made breakfast on Sunday morning I cracked one in with the regular girls eggs and there was a noticeable difference.

Back
Top Bottom