I'm so bummed...just candled eggs

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
The eggs I just candled are on day 10. I have Buff Orps, Giant Blue Frizzle Cochins, and Jersey Blue Giants eggs in the bator. I had to toss out 8 of 17 Buff Orps, due to them being clear, 3 of the 7 Giant Blue Frizzle Cochins, and 1 of the 8 Jersey Blue Giants...some of them were clear and some had blood rings. I bought most of these from Ebay and traded the JBG in an egg trade/chain... The BOs will be ok as I just bought 5 chicks from Jody, and the JBG will turn out ok too if most of thee ones hatch. But I really wanted all of the GBFC to be good, as I paid higher $ for them than any others I've bought, and I love the Blue Frizzle feathered legs chickens.

So if anyone has eggs or chicks that you'll ship, Please email me or PM me with your prices, as I'll know in 10 days or so what is really going to hatch out. Ahhh the good old USPS, I blame them. Maybe its not tho, as most of these eggs are still ok.
(On the other hand, all the eggs I got from another trader, have died, been clear, or not hatched as of today (day 21.) They are in bator #2. They were shipped late, had huge air cells and broken ones once they arrived, sat on my porch in the cold rain with no phone # on the box, etc...so I'm glad I didn't pay any $ for them. I won't put the person's name here tho. If anyone wants to know, they can PM me. I've learned my lesson.)

Cross your fingers and say little hatching prayers for the ones in my #1 incubator, those are my favorites still to hatch at this point. Wishing hard......
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Lisa

oh lisa, so sorry to hear that.
sad.png
let me know when u r ready for more showgirl eggs again. i'm almost caught up on orders. i will have several breeds/colors available. i have to catch up on white sg's yet and splash pen i should be able to ship last set tomarrow for the splash and all the others i'm good to go on and freed up other than the whites. no rush just let me know when u got room and i'll give ya a list of who is laying.

i have bantam cochin frizzles but mine r not old enough to lay for a few mths yet and neither is my giant cochins. if ya want i can let u know when they do.

fl.gif
fl.gif
for the rest of the hatch, come on babies!!
mar

Mary, definitely let me know when your Giant Frizzle Cochins are laying again. What colors do you have? I will want more Showgirls and Silkies, I love the blue one I have and the 2 little partridge showgirls. They are so sweet and soft. I'll let you know when, prob after vacation (July). I go with my family back to our parents' (the kids grandparents' houses and spend a few weeks in July every year) so I have to watch that I don't start any incubating that won't be out before we leave. I'll actually start a thread about if I can carry my loaded incubators with me on vacation-a 6 hr car trip...
Thanks for the good wishes!
Lisa

the bantam frizzled i have blue, black and splash. the giant r not frizzled i have a pair a lemon and a blue from a lemon x blue mateing. lol, there addicting little cuties aren't they?
love.gif
after vacation is not a prob.
mar

Back
Top Bottom