July 18th (up to 21st) Hatch Along Start! [Ebay Eggs]

McCluckster

Chirping
Jul 17, 2023
Hello there all! This is a placeholder for when I'll (hopefully) get my eggs! Their expected delivery is anywhere from the 18th to the 21st!

I've asked the seller for more blue eggs overall, and they were able to fulfill my request from my knowledge! I have the chance of hatching Ayam Cemani, Amercunas, Frizzle mixes, Millies, Cochins, Marans, and some other mixes! Can't wait to see the eggs and get them into my incubator after their rest! Will update when eggs arrive :)!

(I hope I'm doing this right, let me know if I'm not!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-054305_Gmail.png
    Screenshot_20230717-054305_Gmail.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 94
Hello there all! This is a placeholder for when I'll (hopefully) get my eggs! Their expected delivery is anywhere from the 18th to the 21st!

I've asked the seller for more blue eggs overall, and they were able to fulfill my request from my knowledge! I have the chance of hatching Ayam Cemani, Amercunas, Frizzle mixes, Millies, Cochins, Marans, and some other mixes! Can't wait to see the eggs and get them into my incubator after their rest! Will update when eggs arrive :)!

oh how exciting! I will be looking forward to seeing your eggs!!!!!!

Hello there all! The eggs arrived today (yippee!)

I received 12 eggs, all were shipped in memory foam and no cracks! (Very happy with that)

Out of the breeds I could get, these were the ones I recieved in the mix:
1 Ayam Cemani egg
4 Amercuna eggs
1 Maran heavy bloom egg
4 Millie Fleur x Cochin eggs
2 Easter Egger mixes

Very satisfied with this mix, and very excited to hatch them! They are resting as I write this.
Some notes when candling to see if there was cracks/early development:
1. No eggs showed early development!
2. No cracks!
3. Some eggs did seem a bit liquidy... hoping those are ok after resting.

As of now, that is my update for this post! Have a good evening! ^^

Attachments

• 20230720_084005.jpg
    20230720_084005.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 7

I received 12 eggs, all were shipped in memory foam and no cracks! (Very happy with that)

1 Ayam Cemani egg
4 Amercuna eggs
1 Maran heavy bloom egg
2 Easter Egger mixes

Very satisfied with this mix, and very excited to hatch them! They are resting as I write this.
2. No cracks!

Love the colors!!!

1 Ayam Cemani egg
4 Amercuna eggs
1 Maran heavy bloom egg
2 Easter Egger mixes

2. No cracks!

Update #3 - Candling on day 1.

Hello there all! Here's 3 eggs that I have decided to candle throughout this adventure out of the 12. The reason I chose these eggs was due to their breeds and what candling was showing!
I have chosen two Amercuna eggs, and our Ayam egg! So far, not much (as expected) however, one of the Amercuna eggs you can see a shadow for the yolk! This wasn't there a bit ago when I very first candled for cracks. Is this development?

Next update - Day 3, or until development is noticed (veins/embryo)

Attachments

• 20230721_125327.jpg
    20230721_125327.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230721_125423.jpg
    20230721_125423.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230721_125501.jpg
    20230721_125501.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 3
Update #3 - Candling on day 1.

Hello there all! Here's 3 eggs that I have decided to candle throughout this adventure out of the 12. The reason I chose these eggs was due to their breeds and what candling was showing!
I have chosen two Amercuna eggs, and our Ayam egg! So far, not much (as expected) however, one of the Amercuna eggs you can see a shadow for the yolk! This wasn't there a bit ago when I very first candled for cracks. Is this development?

Next update - Day 3, or until development is noticed (veins/embryo)
Hello there! Decided on better judgement to wait until day 7, as a lot of these eggs aren't showing development (oh no!)

I did however take photos of an egg last night, which will be my "control" egg.

I'm hoping that it's just a bit too dark to see into these eggs, because so far none see development and it should be day 5.

Attachments

• 20230724_225453.jpg
    20230724_225453.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230724_225345.jpg
    20230724_225345.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 6
How did it go?
Forgot to update this!

Sadly, this went horrible! I blame the heat, it was around 102 to 105 the days they were shipping, and I feel really disappointed as these were some rarer breeds that were somewhat costly but not too bad.

I would absolutely reccomend the seller though! holistic_cluckers on Ebay, they were willing to send out replacements in a few weeks when it cools down. Their also a day away from me, so I can understand shipping having an impact. Looking forward for their next batch to come in, no confirmed dates just when it cools down. So when it does, definitely will remake an updated hatch along!

I also bought a better incubator- not the most expensive one since I dont have a large budget, but a 40 dollar one called the "Obi"(?). It says it holds 12 but with bantam eggs you can fit up to 16/18, standard you can fit 13/14.

Only issue with it so far is keeping its humidity constant!
Other than that, here's 2 of my own silkie eggs that hatched - placed a week after to test the new incubator (2/2 hatch)

Attachments

• 20230827_163421.jpg
    20230827_163421.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom