Im So confused!!

Dom'sHEns

Songster
13 Years
Apr 2, 2007
New Jersey
OK...heres the story..back in July i recieved my shipment of chicks from mypetchicken. When i recieved them it had looked like they threw in an extra Black sex link pullet. (ALL black chick no white spot on head, Looked just like others.)
Now that we are a little over 3 weeks old and the chicks have moved outside in their coop. One of My BSL's comb and waddles are very prominant compared to the other chicks. Is this a BSL ROO or do i have another breed here? CAlling all experts!
hu.gif
Thanks Dom
DSC02138.jpg

DSC02137.jpg

Yep, that's sure a roo! Happy crowing. Sexing is never 100%.... but since it has no barring, I dont think it's a black sex link. Could be wrong though.

Might have gotten mixed up with the sexlink girls since it was all black though.

OH...i was hoping it was just a masculine female...lol! Anyone Else!? If its not a BSL? Anyone have any ideas?
Its so confusing I thought by choosing a Sex link chickens your pretty much garuenteed to recieve the sex you ordered due to the color diffrences? Right? I dunno Anymore!
roll.png

Thanks Dom

Last edited:
Anyone else out there have any ideas!? Please im very interested on how this could be a cockerl if it is a Sex linked pullet?
barnie.gif
Thanks!

I have heard several others talking about getting extra birds in shipments. I saw one just a bit ago that called them packing peanuts. How common is this?

Cute lil boy.
big_smile.png
I thought BSLs were all black with no barring. I don't have any though so I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Southern Chick- You are absolutly right!!! thats why i am so confused BSl Females are soposted to be solid black and males are sopposed to be barred. Thats why it is geneticly impossible for it to be a male.....but i guess that idea is thrown out the window
he.gif
So i was wondering if i possible have a different breed? Any one have an idea?
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom