celebrate.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Im so happy
This morn my 3 African Geese were being extremely loud! I went out to see what they were talking about, and I found my 2 ganders watching my only goose (I know its better to have just a pair but I havn't sold the other gander yet). She was sitting on her nest just like she does every morn, but she has never laied an egg befor. They are about 6 months old and I wasn't really exspeting any eggs to come so soon (I'm knew with geese). Any way this morn she laied her frist egg!!!! When she got up off her lil nest there it was a pretty white goose egg!!! It is even wram and wet, she just laied it
woot.gif

Here are some pics
67676_csc_2767.jpg

67676_csc_3764.jpg

67676_csc_3892.jpg

67676_dsc_3956.jpg

67676_dsc_3957.jpg

67676_dsc_3958.jpg

67676_dsc_3959.jpg

Congratulations! I guess it's time for you to talk to her about the birds... ehh, geese... and the bees?
lol.png

Are you making an omelette? Please keep us posted on the taste! I'm still hoping my Keld is a goose, so I'll have eggs in the spring.
fl.gif

I must confess I'm sooo in love with your goslings - that picture of them running melts my heart. I think it just might be the best gosling picture ever. They are beautiful in all the pictures, but the running picture is awesome!

Congratulations!
Seven years later and I still have my Ida's first egg -- I was so excited! (That's not as terrifying as it sounds: a friend drilled some holes in it top and bottom and blew the egg for me, so he got an omelette and I got a memento. We did the same thing with my turkey's first egg a few weeks ago.)

Thanks everyone
thumbsup.gif
I made the omelette this morn and it was great
droolin.gif
I blew out the yolk and kept the egg (just like I did for my first ever chicken and duck egg I got)
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Congrats - lets hope the next one lays a golden egg!!!!!!!! -
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

The pic of them running is a really good shot - DH says it looks great, hes into photography!

I sadly never blew my first eggs of my big chicken girls as they were all grown up when I got them ( We don;t have geese as DH is frightend of them - they chased him into a pond when he was a small boy and he nearly drowned!) I now have 3 wee pullets near ready to lay - about 4/5 weeks time and maybe I will do that with my first from them? - I did do it with my last egg from my lovely Hen Eleanor who sadly broke her own neck on the coop roof. We processed her and in doing so learned a great deal about the insides of the Hen and egg production - inside of her was her very last egg - I couldn't bare to throw it away and so I blew it out and we keep it with the date we got her and the date she died on it. ( We are odd us chicken folk!!!! As the rest of her went in the oven and I cried for days but she tasted lovely!!!Well she was a chicken and I couldn't bare to throw her in the bin!!!!)

Oesdog - hope you have many more eggs!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom