IM SO MAD!!!! do i have a right to be????

Fence, fence, fence Silkies are so vulnerable! They cannot defend themselves.
hide.gif

thanks you all for your input. As of right now our neighbor ( that keeps going off about it all being my fault, even tho it was not her dog) has not a clue that im upset with her because they are our neighbors right next door and we are friends.) It just hurts that she is placing all the blame on me. I do however agree with all of those who stated I do have blame in this too. If we had a fence or were outside things would have been different. unfortunately to fence out yard it would cost over 1000 dollars, so right now that is not an option for me. but i will be doing something. I do however feel that the neighbors whose dogs got my chicks should have come and talk to us not throw it in the trash and tell ( the neighbor whos doge did not to it) where it was so i could check it out. i will make a friendly trip over there to talk about the issue. I dont blame the dog, its a animal. just wish the owner took better watch of there dogs. thanks you all for letting me vent, but forgiveness is the best way to deal with this issue. it just feels good vent out frustration that way i can better handle the situation. i need to think of a inexpensive way to protect my chickens so they can free range from time to time. because, now that the dog knows i have the chickens he will be back for sure. thanks again all

As a dog owner, I know it's sometimes possible for a dog to get loose. But the very few times any of my dogs have ever strayed from my property, I'd be right on top of the situation--and VERY embarrassed if they strayed into neighboring yards...and the worst my dogs did was defecate or get into a garbage can--easily remedied! If I were she, I'd be mortified and would VOLUNTEER to repay you or make some kind of recompense--anyone who is worth their salt would! You shouldn't even have to ask or bring it up--let alone find out by looking through their trash!

Instead of doing the honorable thing, she's blaming you for not having your chickens penned up in YOUR OWN yard?? And going off on a 5-year old. What a poor excuse...
UGH! I see this more and more-- people unable to take responsibility for their own errors and, instead, blaming and lashing out at others.

There is no gray area that I can see--she was WRONG.
Deep down, I'm sure she knows she's in the wrong. HER dog should not have been out of her yard.
I'd be so livid!
You have every right to be angry!!

Quote:
x2, Silkies are about of defencless as chickens get, and pretty dumb too. As much as the dog was in the wrong, you shouldn't let silkies and chicks wander around unprotected.

I'd tell the next door neighbor that she has made her point and you have heard enough. If she is a friend' she will be smart enough to shut up. If not ----. Contact animal control, check local regulations and determine if it is OK to dispatch the dog, reinforce your pens and only free range when you can monitor. Are you in the wrong ? Only very, very slightly in my opinion. The lady next door needs to butt out, and the dog owner needs to become responsible. Sourland - so thankful that he lies in a rural setting with GOOD neighors.

I purchased an electric net fence thats 164' long, 41' square for my chickens even though we live on 50 acres.I don't want the coyotes to get them. It is an idea. And it was only $186. Easy to move and we already have a fence charger for our scottich highland.
Patti

you need to tell her that her dog should NOT come in your yard...(leash law)....that she needs to pay you for the chickens her dog killed....
PLEASE keep your mouth shut when it comes to your son.....and keep track of your chickens!

You could always throw a rock through her wind shield and tell her to watch where she parks her car. But it might cause more problems, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom