I'm so old I Remember when:

1711708767554.png

Mine burns gas and oil! (Sometimes rubber.)

That wasn’t in Oklahoma, was it?
Nope, the pictures were all in lil ol' Grand Rapids, MI.

I'm not a prude. The coworkers I showed that image to were not prudes. One woman said, "That image is disturbing. Show it to the supervisor. We don't want to be known for printing that kind of stuff."

Supervisor kicked it up to the manager. Nope, we didn't do his work after that.

I used to manage a gas station. We paid nothing for it, all air pumps were now a separate contractor. We didn't even get any money from it.
I am trying to think of the last time I used one at a gas station. Can’t remember.

But my truck gave me a low tire warning last week, one of my coworkers pulls out a battery operated hand held air pump and filled my tire! I need to get one of those! I love modern technology.

one of my coworkers pulls out a battery operated hand held air pump and filled my tire! I need to get one of those! I love modern technology.
One year for Christmas, hubby gave me a set of jumper cables and a tire inflator that runs off the car cigarette lights. Back when we called them a cigarette lighter.

And, yes, I thought that was a wonderful, thoughtful, caring Christmas present!

I am trying to think of the last time I used one at a gas station. Can’t remember.

But my truck gave me a low tire warning last week, one of my coworkers pulls out a battery operated hand held air pump and filled my tire! I need to get one of those! I love modern technology.
One year for Christmas, hubby gave me a set of jumper cables and a tire inflator that runs off the car cigarette lights. Back when we called them a cigarette lighter.

And, yes, I thought that was a wonderful, thoughtful, caring Christmas present!
I have an air pump that plugs into the lighter slot too. Saved me that $2!

And just in case, I also have an nice old fashioned bicycle hand-pump for emergencies! :lau

Last edited:

My wife's current vehicle came with run flats. I've never had any but will always have them atleast on her car. Those tires have gotten her home multiple times. Times that regular tires would have had her on the side of the road

Back
Top Bottom