I'm so old I Remember when:

Yes, my tennis shoes I have to replace every year. Most of my clothes every two years. I'm going to focus on buying vintage...it's cheaper, much better quality and I love it anyway!
At least my pencils from ten years ago still work...
Why do you have to replace things so often? I am still wearing the same tennis shoes that I've had for at least five years. And my clothes are that old too. My work shoes are going on 7 years old

Why do you have to replace things so often? I am still wearing the same tennis shoes that I've had for at least five years. And my clothes are that old too. My work shoes are going on 7 years old
Because everything is cheaper and worse quality now; also, I am hard on my clothes (thornbushes and puppy teeth take a toll!). Ten years ago I bought a pair of tennis shoes (same brand as my current ones) that lasted seven years, but the soles got too smooth and they were a safety hazard. Other than that they were still in good condition. My current shoes are six months old and already starting to come apart. The skirts I used to get would start getting holes by the two year mark...all of them are patched up and I still wear them but I had to make new ones for going out.
I do have a pair of church shoes that are seven years old and still growing strong. The lady at the store said they should last for twenty years...:)
Sorry for this long explanation :oops:.

Because everything is cheaper and worse quality now; also, I am hard on my clothes (thornbushes and puppy teeth take a toll!). Ten years ago I bought a pair of tennis shoes (same brand as my current ones) that lasted seven years, but the soles got too smooth and they were a safety hazard. Other than that they were still in good condition. My current shoes are six months old and already starting to come apart. The skirts I used to get would start getting holes by the two year mark...all of them are patched up and I still wear them but I had to make new ones for going out.
I do have a pair of church shoes that are seven years old and still growing strong. The lady at the store said they should last for twenty years...:)
Sorry for this long explanation :oops:.
Interesting. I don't spend a lot of money on clothes or shoes but I do buy brand name shoes. Not worth the aching back to get low quality shoes. Both my work shoes and tennis shoes are New Balance and have lasted for years

Back
Top Bottom