I'm so old I Remember when:

What does it stand for?
It's the name of the test, not an acronym.

"The A1C test measures the amount of hemoglobin with attached glucose and reflects your average blood glucose levels over the past 3 months. The A1C test result is reported as a percentage. The higher the percentage, the higher your blood glucose levels have been. A normal A1C level is below 5.7 percent."

I'm so old I remember when stores yep customer charge accounts on paper ledgers and filing cards.
I once had a job keeping such paper ledgers. Was an easy job, I knew almost everyone in my small town.

When they tried to promote me to collections, I put in my notice. I did not want to do that so I found a new job as fast as I could.

It's the name of the test, not an acronym.

"The A1C test measures the amount of hemoglobin with attached glucose and reflects your average blood glucose levels over the past 3 months. The A1C test result is reported as a percentage. The higher the percentage, the higher your blood glucose levels have been. A normal A1C level is below 5.7 percent."
I always read that as a "hemogoblin".

I don't know about you, but now I am laughing at the idea of tiny little goblins in your blood :lau.
Just wait until you learn about cooperative binding of oxygen to hemoglobin!

⛓️ This article could be presented more effectively

hb_saturation.jpg
https://earth.callutheran.edu/Acade...nts/BioDev/omm/jsmolnew/hemo/cooperative.html
“Percent oxygen saturation as a function of oxygen partial pressure (torrs) is displayed below for Hemoglobin (HbA) and a theoretical non-cooperative oxygen transport protein (NC).”

Back
Top Bottom