I'm so upset....update :(

fl.gif
sending good vibes and prayers. I have had chickens that would wander off for days and were expert hiders. Several times I thought for sure they were goners, and then about the time I gave up looking, they'd come wandering home like nothing ever happened.

Try not to beat yourself up over this.

Thanks Buster....I'm just so upset with myself. I'm OCD about gates whether it's cattle gates or the chicken pen gates so I just can't believe I did that. I know I was upset about my grandbaby, but that's no excuse.

Oh Katy that's so awful to hear.It would be bad with anything chickens but blue one's are so hard to hatch, especially shipped egg's.You didn't lose any BLRW's did you?

Oh, Katy, I am so sorry. I know how it is to cry over a chicken and the DH think you are nuts.

I wish I could help you restock but I don't have any eggs yet from Bonnie and the older chicks I am growing out are mean little cockerals and will more than likely end up in a stew pot rather than a hen house.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. It could have easily happened to any of us. I know I have gone out and found a door unlatched and panic set in before I even opened it to look inside.

I am really sorry for your loss.

Katy, I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your chickens, but on the other hand think of your Granddaughter. She is going to be fine and that is what is most important. I have had some hardships in my life not to long ago. And you know you could not replace your Granddaughter. The chickens can be replaced. I know you loved them like they were your own babies. BUT the good news is, your Granddaughter is going to be fine. Think of that the next time you hold her and maybe it will help heal your heart. Us women need to get back up and keep going. That’s what we do. Good luck and God Bless you. You know they say God doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle. I truly hope you have a better day tomorrow. And what do DH’s know anyway. Go ahead and cry.

Back
Top Bottom