1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm sorry DipsyDoodleDoo!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyChickieMama, Apr 2, 2009.

1. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    I had a whole bunch of eggs from Dipsy Doodle Doo and none of them hatched!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    TRUST me it was NOT her fault. They all candled fertile on day 8. I think the boy I babysit fried them the second week, but I was holding out hope....I was overly curious today and not one of them had developed beyond the first 10 days.....[​IMG] I was soo looking forward to my Frizzle and Silkies and I feel like I've let Lisa down.....[​IMG]

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

[​IMG] [​IMG] she has such cute little frizzles too!!

3. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    That is so sad I am so sorry. I was worried about that too when one of my kids messed with the dial one day, but I was fortunate. I hope you have better luck next time.

4. CrazyChickieMama

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    I know!!! They were supposed to start pipping today, but I just had this feeling that they weren't going to....[​IMG] I'm so mad at myself!!!

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Hey, don't give up! You never know! If your temp was just a hair low, they'll start late. My very first hatch, they didn't even pip until day 22 because (I later found out) my temps were just a bit low.

6. CrazyChickieMama

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    no, the boy turned the temp UP. it got to 120 before I realized it. I don't know how long they were at that temp either....[​IMG]

7. lakeshorenc

lakeshorenc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Lake Waccamaw NC
    Hey neighbor!!! If they don't make it and you would like more eggs. I have RIR's, Amber's and Black Sexlink eggs I would be glad to give you. My DH is from Bolton and my outlaws still live there. Just email or PM me if you want any.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  8. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I am so sorry to hear the sad news sweetie![​IMG] Don't give up though, better hatches are ahead for you![​IMG]

9. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

At least in your case someone ELSE did it..... I cooked my own at 120 the day they were pipping! LOL

10. Oh Angelica! You scared the starch out of me!

Don't fret too much (but you have my permission to swat the kid) --- it happens. I had a hovabator spike here not long ago and kill all but 6 of 60-something eggs and I don't have anyone to blame it on but me (I know it's prone to spike and wasn't watching for it).
    Let me know when you are ready to try some more and I'll fix you up --- the girls are still laying.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by