Quick hatch?

Starshollow

Chirping
Apr 22, 2023
Firat time hatching. Set 38 eggs BCM and CLB and 2 of my own, on the 21st.
Candled at day 7 -4 were not developing but put them back in to see.

Candled again Tuesday and into lockdown. There were about 9 that looked like not developing but bc it was my first time left them in bc I have no idea what I'm doing lol. But I pulled the first 4 I suspected were not hatching and they were just yolk.

Today is hatch day and I have a BCM that has pipped. Then noticed another BCM and CLB pip.

Been checking them like crazy but know it will take a long time....was sitting on the couch and heard crazy chipping and checked and the CLB was out. None of them had even zipped......

This was in the matter of 20 min....
Now he is out and all over the place...is that normal?

Ok just wasn't sure about the jumping around everywhere if it was safe for him.

This guy looks like he has broke shell but not the membrane. I had read BCM had a very thick membrane. I was able to see him breathing, the membrane was moving, but now it isn't.....

Man this is stressful. I have one other pipped a big hole and he's just resting but talking to the one that's out.

The rest are all still....

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230512-111246.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230512-111246.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 5
I always pick a hole in the membrane if a chick is pipped but not zipped yet and it's been a while. If you see blood than stop. Otherwise pick a small hole and keep an eye on it. That's what I do. I have helped a few hatch out by going slow. Some need more time to absorb the yolk but apparently are eager to start breathing. Those I let be for longer. Any sign of blood means don't proceed. As long as it can breathe give it time.

I always pick a hole in the membrane if a chick is pipped but not zipped yet and it's been a while. If you see blood than stop. Otherwise pick a small hole and keep an eye on it. That's what I do. I have helped a few hatch out by going slow. Some need more time to absorb the yolk but apparently are eager to start breathing. Those I let be for longer. Any sign of blood means don't proceed. As long as it can breathe give it time.
Thank you for replying!! Is it OK to open if the other one that's open has started to zip? I have no other progress on the other eggs

Attachments

• 20230512_123004.jpg
    20230512_123004.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom