im stuck on a recipe!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by boston3381, Dec 19, 2009.

1. boston3381

boston3381 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2009
    i fount this recipe here some where.....my question is do i let the cake cool befor adding the jello mix or do i add it when the cake is still hot???

Here is the summer cake we love.It's light and sweet, but not rich and heavy.

Jello Cake1 box of white cake mix1 box of jello (lime, cherry, or orange)1 bowl of cool-whipPreheat oven to 350*. Mix cake according to box. Mix jello according to box. (Do not add to cake yet, just have it prepared)

Bake cake. When baked, pull from oven and with a toothpick poke holes all over cake. Pour Jello mixture slowly over cake...giving it time to absorb. Ice with cool whip...put in frig till ready to serve (about 1 hour) Serve chilled. ( I serve this in the oblong cake pan I cook it in.)

HELP IM ABOUGHT TO MAKE THIS TODAY !!!

2. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    You have your warm/hot jello ready when the cake comes out if the oven.
    Poke it right away, and pout the jello over it.
    Let it cool, then add the cream on top.

3. boston3381

Dec 7, 2009
    one more thing if you have made this befor are tooth pic holes large enough ?? im thinking this should come out like a marble cake?? or am i mistakin??

4. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    I have used a fork.
    Have not made this in years though, as we do not consume any processed foods.
    I might need to make my own jello, and a honey cake, topping it with raw cream, and see what happens.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  5. boston3381

Dec 7, 2009
    thank you PaulaJoAnne ..

i dont know how to make home made jello but i do know how to make home mage whip cream [​IMG]

6. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i use a wooden spoon handle for the holes.. they are bigger and more jello gets into it

7. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Quote:good idea!

8. mendygnl

mendygnl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Glidden, IA
    I use a wooden spoon handle also.

9. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:yep!

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Be careful pouring jello on a hot cake. You can end up tearing up the cake, ending up with mush. I used to also use the handle of a wooden spoon, or clean pencil etc. Then I froze the cake. Slowly poured the Room Temp jello over the frozen cake, letting it soak in slowly. Then topped with the cream or topping. If you want more than one color freeze and poke new holes between colors. Don't use too much jello also.

Imp- Jello with mushy cake in it still tastes good. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by