I'm stumped, any ideas?

The-White-Elephant

Philippians 4:13
Nov 3, 2021
NC
:frow Hope y'all are having a good day so far!

So, about 2 weeks ago, I hatched chicks. All was fine, got 18 chicks in all. Well, one egg hatched, and I have no clue who the parents could be. To give a little backstory: I have 13 hens, 4 EE's, 2 OE's, 3 WJG's, and 3 Cochins. Al these were bred to an Appenzeller Spitzhauben rooster.

Now, the egg that the chick hatched from, was a brownish colored egg, no idea who could have laid it. I thought a WJG could have, but one of them lays pointy pink eggs, and the other is broody. The 3rd WJG hasn't laid an egg in months, so she's out of the picture.

So that leaves the Cochins. Except, the chick has no feathered feet. Any ideas?

P.S.: This is just for fun :p

The Chick (sorry for the bad pictures, it's the white chick) vv image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks for reading! --- @Mrs J

I didn't know that about white Jersey Giants. I knew that Leghorns can hide barring.
Interesting.
But still if the hen carries barring then the Barred chicks are males.
I'm still not TOO convinced. I mean, every single chick, no matter what breed, barred? And if it is true, then I have a lot of males 😕

I'd say it's the White Jersey Giant. Just because you think she's on strike, doesn't always mean she's on strike. If it was a Cochin, there would be some feathering on the legs somewhere, unless, of course, the Cochins don't pass their feathering down their lines.

I'd say it's the White Jersey Giant. Just because you think she's on strike, doesn't always mean she's on strike. If it was a Cochin, there would be some feathering on the legs somewhere, unless, of course, the Cochins don't pass their feathering down their lines.
:goodpost:

The other WJG is "sick", which is why I didn't think it could her :p

Back
Top Bottom