I'm too old for this RIGHT??

gig.gif

I'm almost 42 and I can't drive a stick either. My ex-FIL tried to teach me on his 3 speed (3 on a tree) pick-up truck when I was a teen (before he was my FIL.) I think he just enjoyed laughing at me.
hmm.png
DH said those are a lot harder to learn though. My Mom never learned to drive a stick so she insisted that my first car be an automatic. Hard to learn to drive something when you don't have one to practice on. And at my age now, I don't need to learn.
big_smile.png

when my DGD got her first car it was a stick shift, and NO ONE in the family would get in the car with her so she could learn to drive.So since she's always been granny's special, I climbed in and away we went,McKittrick Ca has an awful lot of hills but she learned and I hope I excaped whiplash.
fl.gif
marrie

when my DGD got her first car it was a stick shift, and NO ONE in the family would get in the car with her so she could learn to drive.So since she's always been granny's special, I climbed in and away we went,McKittrick Ca has an awful lot of hills but she learned and I hope I excaped whiplash.
fl.gif
marrie

sorry having with my P/C double post and I don't know how to erase it

Last edited:
One Thanksgiving at my Aunt Beth's house, my mother realized that she had forgotten something and she needed me to drive back home and get it. My Uncle John volunteered his VW bug (70's), I told him I could not drive a manual - he then volunteered to go along with me.
He was the most patient and gentle driving instructor I ever met. Along the way he said, "It's ok, you can leave it in second the whole time if you need to."
Pleasently, when my Aunt and Uncle divorced we still got to keep him even though he was Uncle by marriage. They never got back together (he is too good for her) but he still attends family functions.

So, just get it in second and drive around that way!

I learned to drive on a stick shift, and took my driver's license test in a '75 volkswagon bus. Parallel parking & all!!!

I'm 34 and I now drive a manual. My left leg got 15 years of work outs. That was enough for me!

My dh's truck has a standard in it and I am too short to reach all the pedals!!
rant.gif
He is going to put some kind of extenders on the pedals of our vehicles..I drive an explorer and have my right leg stretched full out and seat all the way up! It scares me if I am in an accident??? I want to be able to sit back from the steering wheel. I absolutely hate driving a stick shift
somad.gif

Quote:
Same here...age and everything!!
I will say that I never had a problem riding my bro's motorcycle...that seemed to come easy changing gears on that thing...but good Lord, don't put me in a car and ask me to change 'em and work the clutch all at the same time!!!

frow.gif
38 here, can't drive a standard, no uh uh!!!! If I make it to 98 still won't be able to!!! If a tree had not fallen on my hubby's car during the ice storm, my Dad was going to have to come out and drive it once in awhile while my hubby is in Turkey!!! LOL

Quote:
Same here...age and everything!!
I will say that I never had a problem riding my bro's motorcycle...that seemed to come easy changing gears on that thing...but good Lord, don't put me in a car and ask me to change 'em and work the clutch all at the same time!!!

Same age here too....OK one year older....
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom